Chapter 43

Sorry if it's short, but it is actually really hard to write really long action scenes. This part is also actually very important, so read on!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My instincts took over as Katarina rushed towards me. I sidestepped her and used her own force against her as I aimed a kick to her back. Not to brag or anything, but she was not at all trained enough to beat me. Looking at her sprawled out on the lobby floor gasping for air as I had winded her, I shook my head.

“I really don’t think that was the best move you have ever made.” I sighed.

“Well, I am still going to make you pay!” Kat snarled back, jumping to her feet with newfound anger.

“Oh well, c’est la vie (that’s life).” I smirked, and sidestepped her again as she rushed towards me. This time though, she instantly turned around, trying not to repeat her last mistake, however I just directed a punch to her stomach and then her throat, leaving her gasping for breath again. She recovered quicker than last time, and was stepping towards me again. I blocked a few of her weak punches, and kicked her right foot out from under her as I shoved her to the left.

“Honey, you should quit while you still have your life.” I teased as she got off the floor again.

“I will not!” She screamed. “You quit! Why don’t you attack me then instead of running away all the time? You are scared of me, aren’t you?”

“Oh, please. If you say so then.” I grinned darkly. If she wants me to attack her then that’s what little Miss Princess will get.

I jumped at her, my foot snapping out to land a kick right on her head, sending her down, but I didn’t stop. As soon as my feet touched the ground I jumped on her stomach and was rewarded with a coughing splutter. I crouched over her and punched her in the face several times before I stood up, not wanting to knock her out. As I backed off, I saw that her face was covered in blood and she had a split lip. Groaning, she sat up.

“Is that all you’ve got?” Kat asked wearily, a grim resolution affecting the tone of her voice.

“Well, I was assuming that you wanted to live, but I suppose I could spare a little more time in killing you.” I answered back in a bored tone.

“Don’t act so freaking stuck up, you are no better than me!” She cried angrily.

“How dare you!” I growled, and walked over to where Katarina was, and picked her up by the throat. Immediately, she started to claws at my hold on her, but only provoked me into tightening my grip.

“Is this enough proof that I am better than you?” I said as she struggled, and I threw her as far as I could without using any extra strength.

“Do you still think you can beat me?” I asked her walking over to her again as she crouched on all fours trying to stand. I brought my foot down on her back, making her collapse onto the floor again.

She will probably have a few bruises if she lives through this I thought sarcastically. I shoved her body over so that she lay facing up, her breathing was quick and her eyes started to tear up as I put my hand on her throat, ready to choke the life out of her.

“You will die.” She gasped, and signed something with her hands. I glared at her and tightened my hold. 

“You can at least die first.” I told her. Then I was hit in the back and through the chest. At first I thought that it was a bullet, but as I saw Daemon materialise furiously in front of me with my lyte, absorbing it, I realised what had happened. I felt my grasp on Kat weaken, and Daemon drag her away from me, her breathing starting to deepen again. I cursed myself internally for being to gentle with her death.

I just looked at Daemon, knowing that I had around a minute left in life. I stood and turned, looking around at everyone. The Olympians with their red and yellow eyes, the Darke assassins, the lobby in the hotel; everyone staring at me with shocked expressions, though a few stood out. Dylan looked like he was about to cry, as did Ava, Jacob and Clare. I faced the Elders who all looked startled and for once, unknowing of what to do. I heard the soft quick breaths that everyone took, and felt mine become more ragged. I could feel my death coming. Quickly I turned to Daemon and took a deep breath.

“Scorpio, have mercy on you.” I smirked, knowing only too well what was coming their way. Then I felt myself freeze, still smiling, still standing and I felt a rush as if I had misted again.

Then I felt nothing.