Chapter Six

"Now that we're all finished eating, we now will sit a silent vigil in honor of StarClan." announced Ashstar, the leaders were on the Great Rock again.

All four leaders hopped down and ordered the four Clans to sit in a circle.

They all did. Batheart sat between Moonpaw and Skywing. "You must all be quiet during the vigil." Shimmerstar ordered. All four leaders jumped down and found a place to lay.

The leaders put their heads down and the Clans followed. Batheart thought about Lemontail and Goldenwing. They, other than Jingleberry, were the only StarClan cats Batheart had ever met.

Thank you StarClan for my life
Thank you StarClan for my Clan
Thank you StarClan for the Warrior Code
Thank you StarClan for herbs
Thank you StarClan for prey
Thank you StarClan for my skills
Thank you StarClan for accepting cats

Batheart gave a silent thank you to StarClan. After several long moments she heard Fallowstar's voice. "You all may rise now."

Every cat got up and stretched. "Now we all exchange gifts." Riverstar announced. Batheart picked up her heart-shaped piece of wood and went up to Skywing and gave it to him.

"This is for you." Batheart told him, passing him the wood. "Thank you so much, Batheart!" Skywing looked at her in awe.

"Hey, Batheart!" Batheart turned around to see a smaller she-cat coming up to her.

"This is for you!" the she-cat passed her very strong smelling grass. "Thank you! Who are you?" Batheart asked, very confused. Batheart could tell this cat was from WindClan, due to the scent.

"I'm Brambleheart of WindClan, sorry if this is a little awkward, you were the first cat I saw." Brambleheart's eyes glowed with anxiety now.

"That's alright. I like making new friends. May I ask, what is this?" Batheart asked, smelling the grass again.

"That's sagebrush, or sage, it's rare this time of year, it's not used for much, but it smells nice!" Brambleheart explained.

"Ah well thanks again!" Batheart nodded to her. Brambleheart padded away. Batheart picked up the sage and turned around. Skywing was nowhere to be found.

Batheart remembered Jingleberry's words though. I must sit down because I've received my gift. Batheart looked up at the four trees marking each Clan then behind it she saw an odd thing.. is that a... fifth tree?!

Shocked, she looked around and waited patiently, as cats begun to sit down. Everyone was now carrying a new object.

"Is everyone finished?" Riverstar asked, then looked around, everyone was sitting. "Good. Let's all head out now." Riverstar hopped down and ThunderClan followed her. The rest of the Clans dispersed into groups and left.

Batheart loved the scent of the sage that Brambleheart gave her, it smelled so nice. They trekked all the way back to camp and all the cats soon dispersed into their dens and slept.

Batheart was in her nest just laying there when it occurred to her. Could the prophecy mean I have to create a new Clan? Is that what Storm meant?

There was no way that that was what it meant. No way. Batheart drifted into a quick sleep and Goldenwing came into her dreams.

"You've figured it out, love, StarClan is ready for you to bring forth Storm and save us all. You have one prophecy cat, and you met another tonight, just find one's heart in a meadow..." Goldenwing begun to fade and Batheart woke up instantly.

It was almost dawn when she exited the den and raced to the medicine cats' den. She climbed into the small cleft in a rock to which Cherryfur and Pumpkinseed slept.

Batheart shook Pumpkinseed vigorously until she begun to stir and wake up. "What is it, Batheart?" Pumpkinseed asked, sitting up. Her jaws parted in a big yawn.

"I will explain everything on the way but we must go to ShadowClan!" Batheart exclaimed. Groggily, Pumpkinseed stepped out of her nest and out of the cleft, Batheart followed.

"Why do we have to go to ShadowClan?" asked Pumpkinseed. "Look, Goldenwing gave me a prophecy many moons ago, A connection between Thunder, River, Shadow and Wind will bring forth Storm and save the Clans from utter destruction." Pumpkinseed's eyes widened as she went on.

"I've found two of the prophecy cats, Skywing of RiverClan and Brambleheart of WindClan. That prophecy was given to them, Skywing knows that I'm a prophecy cat too, Brambleheart doesn't though."

"Wow. You've been through a lot." Pumpkinseed noted. "Do you know who the last prophecy cat is?"

"Goldenwing told me that Storm means I must create a new Clan, StormClan, to stop the arising war with Shadowheart and Crowflight. She also told me that I must find one's heart in a meadow." Batheart went on explaining.

"Wow." Pumpkinseed looked very surprised. "Goldenwing must've meant Meadowheart from ShadowClan." Batheart nodded. "We should go around to each Clan, get the prophecy cat and start this new Clan as soon as possible."

"I suppose that's what we must do." concluded Pumpkinseed. "Let's go." Pumpkinseed walked past Batheart and out of the den. Batheart followed.

She went back into the warriors den to notice both Crowflight and Shadowheart were missing. We have to hurry!

They exited camp and headed for Sunningrocks, they were to get Skywing first. They crossed the stepping stones and into RiverClan territory. Very soon they came across a dawn patrol with a few cats Batheart didnt recognize.

"What are you doing here?" growled a larger tom. "We need to speak with Shimmerstar." explained Pumpkinseed calmly.

The three cats on the patrol nodded their heads reluctantly. "Come with us." Pumpkinseed and Batheart walked with the cats to their camp.

Batheart got inside RiverClan's camp and stared at it in awe. It was very well decorated, with catkin and shiny objects everywhere.

"Move along!" exclaimed one of the cats on the patrol. "No need to be pushy, Aspenheart!" A new voice came to them, it was Shimmerstar.

"What brings you into RiverClan?" she asked. "May we speak to you in private?" asked Pumpkinseed.

"Sure. Follow me." Shimmerstar brought them to her den. "Your camp is very well decorated." complimented Batheart.

"Thank you." Shimmerstar responded.

"Now, we're here to speak about a prophecy.."