Chapter Fifteen

It was now the late evening, Sweetwish and I were out hunting. "We should hunt near Mothermouth, it always gets the most prey." suggested Sweetwish.

I nodded. "Good idea. Let's go." both of us ran to Mothermouth and instantly started to search for prey.

I had to admit, I was a little rusty, being stuck in the nursery for five moons has left me unable to hunt.

I creeped up on a mouse and pounced but I wasnt fast enough and it slipped away from my claws.

I darted quickly infront of its path and struck it down with my claws. I looked around, embarrased at the sloppy kill.

I then felt an odd presence behind me. I turned around but was too late as I was pounced on, then dragged roughly into Mothermouth.

"Who is there?" I managed to screech. The cats voice was one I heard before, so familiar, it haunted my dreams. "Don't worry, Batheart." the tom spat. It was Crowflight.

"Crowflight!" I gasped. He clawed me on my side. "Shut up!"

Crowflight kept dragging me further and further down into the cave. I struggled against it but everytime I tried to get away, Crowflight scratched me down my side.

Soon, they opened up into the cave with the Moonstone. There were many cats here, I couldnt recognize any in the darkness. Crowflight hung onto me until one of the other cats guarded the entrance.

I lifted my head to see if I could recognize anyone by scent. Oh StarClan, it's all ShadowClan!

"May I speak, Shadowheart?" asked Crowflight. Shadowheart's here. Am I surprised?

"Yes." Shadowheart grumbled. Crowflight went on. "I found her not far from here, she was hunting with what smelled like Sweetwish."

Shadowheart grumbled. "We finally found you." even though I couldn't see, I still felt Shadowheart's gaze burn into me.

I wanted to reply but I was too scared. I stood there looking at my paws.

"You can speak." Shadowheart said mockingly. "It's not like dear Batheart has much time left anyways." Shadowheart said. I knew the sentance wasnt for me to hear so I didnt respond.

"Speak!" exclaimed Shadowheart. I jumped. "I-I.. what do you want with me?" I asked, at this point I was shaking with terror.

"That is none of your concern," Shadowheart spat at me.

"If you're going to kill me, do it now." I sighed. These cats obviously aren't aware that I have nine lives. And I'm not giving one up that easily!

"If that is what you wish. Crowflight? Kill her." Shadowheart said. I could tell Crowflight turned on me because I could feel his gaze burn into me.

"Hang on!" screeched a voice from the corner of the room.

Shadowheart angrily turned around to see who it was but it was much to dark.

"Come on!" the cat whispered, they were now behind me.

I followed the cat's scent to the entrance of the cave. The guards there had already moved to try and catch us, but they were much to slow and we were able to slip our way past them.

I could hear angry screeches coming from the cave as me and the cat bolted out of Mothermouth and into the night once more.

The moon was almost up to the sky. "Thank you so much!" I thanked the cat and dipped my head.