Chapter Seven

"A prophecy?" Asked Shimmerstar, she was visually confused.

"Yes. One of your warriors, Skywing, was delivered a prophecy along with Batheart and two others from the other Clans." explained Pumpkinseed

Shimmerstar pricked her ears and her eyes widened. Batheart went on. "The prophecy was, A connection between Thunder, River, Shadow and Wind will bring forth Storm and save the Clans from utter destruction. Storm means we must create another Clan."

Shimmerstar shook her head. "I wont let Skywing go with you unless he decides himself to leave. I'll fetch him." Shimmerstar left the den and soon came back with the snow-white tom.

Skywing looked shocked to see Batheart, but he held his tongue. "Batheart says you've had a dream about this prophecy, A connection between Thunder, River, Shadow and Wind will bring forth Storm and save the Clans from utter destruction. Is this true?" sked Shimmerstar.

Skywing nodded. "Yes, it's true." Batheart looked to him. "Skywing, Storm means we and the other prophecy cats must create a new Clan, StormClan and-" Batheart was cut off.

"-and it means I must leave RiverClan." Skywing looked at his paws, then looked to Shimmerstar.

"I'm not very pleased with this idea, but StarClan spoke to me saying a great change will come.. and I won't argue with the will of StarClan." Shimmerstar looked at the young tom.

"I will leave RiverClan and become a StormClan warrior." Skywing said after a while. Batheart nodded to him.

"We must leave now and speak to the other prophecy cats." Bathesrt explained to him.

He nodded. "May I say a few goodbyes first?" Skywing asked. "Of course."

About an hour later, they had spoken to ShadowClan and WindClan and they've recruited Brambleheart and Meadowheart and they were now heading back towards ThunderClan territory.

They reached ThunderClan and once they were inside the Clan, Riverstar came up to meet them. "What's all this, Batheart?" Riverstar questioned them. A crowd was forming around them.

"I'm afraid, I'm leaving ThunderClan." Batheart responded. Shocked mews rippled through the clearing, and a few wails too.

"I was given a prophecy and I must complete it, alongside Skywing, Meadowheart and Brambleheart, we will create StormClan." the whole clearing fell silent.

Riverstar slowly nodded. "I see. Well, ThunderClan wishes you well." Riverstar mewed after a few moments.

Batheart went up to Soarstep. "I love you Soarstep, I wish you well in life." Soarstep's eyes welled up in tears. "You achieve all you can in life, young one, your mother was right, I knew you'd lead one day." Soarstep placed his head on Batheart's.

Sweetwish and Frogleap came up to her. "I know you'll do great, Batheart, I wish you safe travels to wherever you go." Sweetwish sobbed.

Frogleap touched noses with Batheart. "I'll see you again. I know it. Until then, safe travels." Batheart teared up.

Then, Moonpaw forced her way through the crowd. "You can't leave me! I still have so much to learn from you!" Moonpaw's eyes filled with tears. "Aw! Moonpaw! You'll find another mentor, don't worry."

"I don't want another mentor! I want you!" Moonpaw exclaimed, crying.

Batheart looked to Riverstar, Riverstar nodded. "Would you like to come with us?" offered Batheart. Moonpaw's eyes instantly lit up. "Really?" she bounced into the air.

"Yes. But you must leave ThunderClan, you know that?" asked Batheart. Moonpaw looked at all her Clanmates, then back at Batheart.

"I know but I would really like to help you." Moonpaw dipped her head. She said her goodbyes, and Batheart finished saying goodbye and they left ThunderClan.

"Where do we go now?" asked Meadowheart. "How 'bout the territory near Mothermouth? That could be our new home." suggested Moonpaw.

"That's a great idea." Skywing commented. 

"I agree. What do you think, Brambleheart?" Batheart asked.

"That sounds great, we wouldn't have to travel far at all to get to the Moonstone." Brambleheart commented.

"Agreed. Let's go." Batheart led the way to StormClan's new territory. Batheart was very excited to be apart of a new Clan but she was sad to leave ThunderClan.

They got to the territory and looked around. It was flat like WindClan's territory with a few scattered pine and cedar trees. Underfoot it was rocky but in some spots grassy.

"Where should our camp be?" asked Skywing. Batheart looked around, nowhere looked right.

"Follow me!" exclaimed Brambleheart. They followed her all the way to the edge of a medium sized hill. It had a small cave inside it.

"We can build the rest of the camp around here but the cave could be the leader's den." They all looked to Batheart, then exchanged a glance with each other.

"We all think you should be the leader, Batheart, you figured out the prophecy." commented Meadowheart.

Batheart felt a rush of joy. "Oh my StarClan, really?" she exclaimed.

"Well yeah, you're the only one with an apprentice!" joked Brambleheart. "That is true. Now why are we wasting time! We need to build our camp!" Batheart ordered.

They all walked together, scanning for branches they can use to make their camp. Moonpaw found three very large branches they could use to build a border around the camp.

They all dragged the branches to the soon to be camp. They made the border around the camp, it looked pretty big. Batheart noticed a large ledge above the cave entrance. If I can get up there, I can use that as a Highrock!

Batheart jumped up to the ledge. It wasn't too high or too low either, it was perfect.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, join beneath the Greatledge for a Clan meeting!" shouted Batheart.

The cats below them chuckled. "We're already out here doing all the work!" exclaimed Moonpaw teasingly. Batheart jumped down.

"I'm coming!" Batheart raced over to see what they were all doing.