Chapter Fourteen

Batstar's POV.

I woke up the next morning to my kits waking me up. I lifted my head and noticed Frostedkit wasnt there. I shrugged it off and looked at my kits. "Yes?"

"We wanna be apprentices!" exclaimed Juniperkit.

I laughed. "Soon enough, my loves, you must wait one more moon." I replied to Juniperkit, licking him on the head.

Juniperkit sighed. "Being a kit is so boring! What is it like being a warrior?" he looked at me.

"Batstar isn't a warrior, she's the leader!" exclaimed Fallenkit. I laughed. "I am also a warrior, Fallenkit." I responded to him.

I then looked to Juniperkit. "Being a warrior is a lot, you have a lot of duties to fulfill." Juniperkit nodded. "I understand but its gotta be a little bit exciting!"

"It is, there is a lot more you can do, for sure." I explained to my kits. They nodded.

"Well, I must speak with Meadowheart." I winked at Streamkit and got up. "Go play, kits."

My kits followed me out of the den. When I stepped out, I was hit with a wave if heat. Greenleaf was here, and it was hitting hard. I looked over across camp and saw Stonepaw talking with Frostedkit. I went over to them.

"Stonepaw? Where's Skywing?" I asked as soon as I got to them.

"Skywing's out on a patrol with Sweetwish and Brambleheart." Stonepaw told me.

I nodded. "Okay, nevermind." I raced off to Meadowheart's den and stepped inside.

"Meadowheart?" I called. I soon saw her lithe shape come out from under a high pile of bracken.

"Yes?" Meadowheart sat down and started licking the scraps of bracken out of her fur.

"I was wondering if you would like to take Streamkit as an apprentice." I explained to Meadowheart, Meadowheart's eyes widened.

"Of course! Does she want to?" Meadowheart asked me. I nodded my head. "Yes, she finds healing interesting." I explained to her.

Meadowheart nodded her head. "I will be glad to take her as my apprentice." she finished. I nodded. "She will be very happy to know that," I dipped my head and left her den.

"Now to only find out who will mentor my other kits." I muttered to myself. I spotted Skywing, Sweetwish and Brambleheart come through the entrance.

They instantly ran over to me. "ShadowClan! Scented a few tail-lengths off of our border!" exclaimed Brambleheart.

"I knew we'd have trouble with ShadowClan! Sweetwish told me Ashstar said we aren't a real Clan!" I exclaimed, remembering what the white she-cat told me from the last Gathering.

"I will say something at the Gathering tomorrow." I finished. The cats looked at me. "You're going? What about your kits?" asked Brambleheart.

"I can take care of them." Skywing looked at me. "Thank you" I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I love you." Skywing said to me, my heart swelled up with love. "I love you too." I looked into his eyes. "Alright, Batstar, I'm gonna have to steal Skywing from ya." It was Stonepaw.

"Okay," I backed up. Stonepaw went up to Skywing and they both padded to the entrance and left. I sighed. Me and Skywing haven't been spending that much time together. I guess that's on me.

I decided to go to the fresh-kill pile and choose a moor rabbit. I walked over, hopped up onto the Greatledge and laid down.

It was nice and shady up here and not hot and stuffy in the nursery. I bit into my rabbit. Who should mentor Juniperkit, Frostedkit and Fallenkit? I thought to myself.

My thoughts were disturbed as Sweetwish called my name. "Yes? Sweetwish?" I could barely hear what she was saying. "Come up here!" I yelled.

I moved over as Sweetwish hopped onto the Greatledge. "Wow, it's pretty high! I can see ShadowClan territory from here." Sweetwish commented, looking out.

I nodded, finishing my prey. "So what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked. Sweetwish laid down next to me an replied. "I was wondering if I could take an apprentice." I nodded. "Sure, Frostedkit, Juniperkit or Fallenkit?" I asked her.

"Frostedkit, please." Sweetwish responded. "Okay, Oakleaf and Moonwish can mentor Juniperkit and Fallenkit." I finished.

"What about Streamkit?" Sweetwish asked me. "Meadowheart is taking her." I responded. Sweetwish nodded.

"So, I've seen you making eyes at Oakleaf, do you like him?" I asked Sweetwish.

I saw a roll of embarrassment fall over Sweetwish. "What? No!!" she licked her chest fur in embarrassment.

"Come on! Tell me, do you like him?" I pressed. Sweetwish buried her head in her paws. "Yes.." she muttered. "Oooh~" I teased.

"Nooo," Sweetwish batted her paw at me with sheathed claws. I batted back, and soon we were wrestling on top of the Greatledge.

"Maybe we should stop." I suggested as Sweetwish was holding me down by the head. "You win."

Sweetwish let me go and I stood up and shook my pelt out.

"I should probably go arrange the afternoon patrol," Sweetwish looked at me. I nodded, she hopped down.

I thought long and hard about what I was going to do about ShadowClan. I will say something at the Gathering, but if they discontinue to stay off our territory, we will attack.

I hopped down quickly to meet Sweetwish before she left. "Put very strong scent markers on the whole ShadowClan border." I mewed.

Sweetwish nodded and beckoned Moonwish and Oakleaf to join her. I spotted Skywing talking to Stonepaw by the fresh-kill pile. I walked over there and up to Skywing.

"Now it's my turn to steal Skywing from you." I smirked at Stonepaw, he rolled his eyes. Skywing followed me to my den under the Greatledge. "It feels like I havent been in here for years!" I exclaimed.

Skywing grunted in agreement. I laid down and he followed. "I feel like we haven't had any time to ourselves." I started. Skywing looked at me. "I know, it's hard creating and keeping a Clan." he murmured.

I laid my head on his. "But we'll have four new apprentices soon." I commented.

"Yep, and they'll all make fantastic warriors." Skywing said. I shook my head. "Streamkit is going to be a medicine cat, I forgot to tell you."

"That suits her."

Skywing and I just laid there cuddling. "I love you." I said. Skywing pressed his muzzle on mine. "I love you too." he murmured.