Chapter Ten

Batstar felt a large wave of pain roll through her. "Oh StarClan!" she winced. A moon passed and she was now preparing to deliver her kits. All was well in StormClan, the other Clans had left them alone so far.

"Your kits are coming now, Batstar, you'll be okay!" Meadowheart touched her nose lightly to Batstar's ear.

"Oh my StarClan!" Batstar exclaimed as one kit slid out. Meadowheart started licking it hard until she heard a mewl. The small scrap went up to Batstar's belly and started suckling.

Meadowheart felt Batstar's belly. "You just have three more kits left, Batstar, you can do this!"

Batstar groaned as another kit slid out. Meadowheart started to lick the kit too, and it crawled to her belly. Batstar sighed. "You've just two left, I know you can do this." Meadowheart soothed her.

This is more painful than receiving my lives! Batstar stifled a yowl as the third kit came out. Batstar couldn't focus on anything around her as the fourth and last kit came. Meadowheart licked the last kit and it went up to Batstar and started to suckle.

"They're perfect." Batstar looked down at her kits.

"You did very well. Two she-cats and two toms. Shall I get Skywing?" asked Meadowheart.

Batstar nodded. Meadowheart exited the den and a few moments later came back with Skywing. Skywing rushed over to Batstar and licked her on the head comforting her.

"Are you okay?" Skywing fretted, then looked down at the kits. "Oh StarClan, they're beautiful!"

"I am fine, Skywing." Batstar admired how caring Skywing was. "What should we name them?" asked Skywing.

Batstar looked to the largest kit. She was white like Skywing. "How about Frostedkit?" asked Batstar.

"That sounds great." Skywing looked at the second kit that was identical to Batstar. "How about we name him Fallenkit?" asked Skywing.

"Okay and how about for this brown kit, we name him Juniperkit?" asked Batstar, Skywing nodded.

"Can we name the last one Streamkit? After my mother?" asked Skywing. Batstar's heart fluttered. "Of course."

Batstar longed to tell Skywing that Streamwish gave her one of her lives, a life for honesty, but Batstar could not as it is forbidden for other cats to know about the sacred ceremony.

"They're absolutely perfect." Batstar looked at her and Skywing's kits.

"I love them so much." Skywing licked each kit on the head and looked to Batstar. "They'll make great warriors."

"I know they will, they're your blood after all." Batstar touched noses with Skywing, then he pressed his muzzle onto Batstar's, she pressed back.

"May we come in?" a voice that sounded like Moonpaw's sounded desperate to come in.

"Yes, but only you and Oakpaw first." Batstar noticed there was a long line of cats waiting to see StormClan's new warriors.

Moonpaw and Oakpaw stepped into the den. "Oh my StarClan, they're so cute!" exclaimed Moonpaw.

"This one is Frostedkit," Batstar pointed to the white she-kit. "That one is Fallenkit," Batstar motioned to the tom that was identical to her. "That's Juniperkit and the last one is Streamkit." Batstar pointed to each kit.

Oakpaw bent down to sniff each kit and Fallenkit turned around and bopped Oakpaw on the nose with his tiny claws. Oakpaw jumped back in alarm and Batstar laughed. "I think he's a natural fighter!" exclaimed Skywing.

"Now, let's let another cat see the kits." Batstar looked at Moonpaw and Oakpaw. "Okay, bye Batstar, Skywing and kits!" exclaimed Oakpaw. Moonpaw waved her tail in goodbye and they left.

Skywing stepped outside and ordered only two to come in at a time. Meadowheart and Sweetwish came in.

"Aw! They're so cute!" exclaimed Sweetwish. Sweetwish came up to the kits.

"They are pretty cute." commented Meadowheart as she looked at the small bundles of fur.

"Oh, be careful! Fallenkit is a natural born fighter!" warned Batstar as Sweetwish approached Fallenkit.

"Aw, Fallenkit is a nice name. What are the others' names?" asked Sweetwish.

"The white kit is Frostedkit, the brown tom is Juniperkit and the quietest one is Streamkit." Batstar responded.

"I love them so much!" exclaimed Sweetwish. Batstar laughed. "I'm glad you love the kits," Batstar responded. "They'll make great warriors."

Soon, after looking at the kits, they left, then Brambleheart and Skywing came in.

"Aw! StormClan's first little warriors!" exclaimed Brambleheart. "Yep! They're Frostedkit, Juniperkit, Fallenkit and Streamkit." said Batstar. Batstar was feeling more tired than ever.

Skywing seemed to have noticed Batstar's tiredness and ordered Brambleheart out of the den.

Brambleheart touched her nose to each kit, then to Batstar and Skywing. "Congratulations again you two." Brambleheart dipped her head to Batstar and left.

"Would you mind if I slept here tonight?" asked Skywing. Batstar responded. "Yes please, that would be awesome."

Skywing climbed into Batstar's nest and laid down behind her. Very quickly, Batstar fell into a deep slumber.

She awoke the next day to her kits mewling. "What's wrong little kits?" Batstar looked at them groggily. Batstar tried everything to sooth them but nothing worked.

Meadowheart must've overheard because she came into the nursery with herbs in her jaws. "I'm assuming you don't have enough milk for them, eat these and your milk will come quicker." Meadowheart had instructed.

Batstar licked up the herbs and a few moments later the kits were happily suckling at her belly.

"Thank you so much, Meadowheart." Meadowheart nodded and exited the den.

Skywing lifted up his head. "What happened?" he asked, his jaws parted into a big yawn. "Oh, I didn't have enough milk for the kits so Meadowheart gave me some herbs to help." Batstar explained.

"Oh okay, well I'm going back to sleep." Skywing said, licking Batstar briefly on the head and laying back down.

Batstar sighed and looked down at her kits. They were absolutely perfect, in every way, and it saddened Batstar to know one day that they would be warriors and have to fight. But if they are trained well, they will be fine. I'll just make sure to assign them to the best mentor's possible. Batstar thought to herself. Frostedkit looked up to Batstar and mewed loudly. Batstar's heart swelled up with love for this kit. Batstar licked her on her head and laid her head down. Frostedkit went back to suckling.