Four

Magdalena woke up with a gasp. Something was still holding her tightly and she started to panic.

"Get off!" she cried, shoving whatever it was off of her.

Natasha landed on the floor but Magdalena didn't care. She had blood dripping down her face from the cut on her forehead. She could taste it and it was burning as it slid into her eyes.

Her hands scratched at her face as she wiped it away. Her chest was heaving and her head was pounding and all she could hear was a familiar ringing in her ears.

She was going to pass out.

Natasha quickly crawled over and pulled Magdalena off of the chair and onto the floor. Magdalena's head lolled back against the chair, unconscious, and Natasha caught the suture kit Clint threw to her as he and the rest of the team hurried in with the objects she'd asked for.

Natasha took the chance while Magdalena was unconscious to wipe the blood off of her face. She cleaned the wound carefully and then got the suture kit. She stitched her forehead back up, stopping halfway through when she felt Magdalena's hand move against her leg.

"Hey, Magdalena, it's Natasha. I'm stitching your forehead. Don't move," Natasha said calmly. "You're in Stark Towers and we're safe. I'm gonna protect you, I promise," Natasha said.

"Is he gone?" Magdalena whispered, opening one eye cautiously to look at Natasha.

"Who?" Natasha said quietly.

Magdalena searched the room herself, ignoring the curious looks from the other adults in the room, and sighed. He wasn't there.

"Sokolov," Clint started. Magdalena let her eyes fall to his, blinking through the gaps Natasha's hair blocking her vision as she moved to finish suturing the cut. "Where did you get that cut?" he said.

Magdalena frowned. She reached up, feeling along her hairline where her old scar used to be. Her hand touched the tender skin and she gasped in pain.

It was fresh and still bleeding.

Magdalena's stomach sank. It was still happening and now they were about her experiments. It had been happening more and more since she had escaped from HYDRA.

"Magdalena," Natasha said quietly, dropping her hand so she could use the back of it to pull Magdalena's chin up. Their eyes met and Natasha saw Magdalena force down the tears rising as if she would be punished because Natasha managed to see them. "Hey," Natasha said softly.

"I'm sorry," Magdalena whispered.

"You don't have to be. I'm gonna finish up with your head, okay?" Natasha said.

Magdalena nodded and let Natasha resume stitching the wound. She kept her eyes on the floor, avoiding the stares from the other Avengers and Pepper as Natasha bandaged her up.

"Okay, we have clean clothes, some water and Steve got you a snack, too," Natasha said, throwing the rubbish in the bin.

"I can show you to a bathroom, kid," Tony offered. "Or we can leave," he said.

Magdalena didn't answer. She was staring at the floor, still. She was clearly in her own head.

"Maybe we should go to another lounge and let Natasha take care of this," Pepper said quietly.

"Yeah," the others agreed.

They left the room quickly, closing the door behind them.

"I'll let you change," Natasha said.

She handed Magdalena the leggings and hoodie Pepper had grabbed from Natasha's room and then turned around.

Magdalena struggled to her feet and changed into the new clothes, taking a sip of the water. She left the food, knowing she'd vomit if she ate anything right now.