Seven

Steve shoved Jasper Sitwell across the rooftop after Sam had fetched him for them. Maggie and Natasha watched from the end of the roof near the wall.

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm," Steve demanded.

"Never heard of it," Sitwell lied.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve said.

"I was throwing up, I get seasick," Sitwell said. Steve shoved him onto the side of the roof, holding his collar tightly to stop him from falling off. "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers," he said.

"You're right. It's not. It's hers," Steve stepped aside. Natasha booted Sitwell off the side of the roof.

"Oh, wait. What about that girl from accounting?" Natasha looked at Steve.

"Laura?" Maggie interjected. They were still trying to set Steve up with someone.

"Lillian. Lip piercing, right?" Steve said.

"Yeah, she's cute," Natasha smiled.

"Yeah, I'm not ready for that," Steve said.

Sam flew up onto the roof, throwing a still screaming Sitwell onto the floor.

"Zola's algorithm is a program...for choosing Insight's targets!" Sitwell cried.

"What targets?" Maggie said.

"You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa city. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA! Now, or in the future," Sitwell said. Maggie's eyebrows shot up. So, she was still a target, then.

"The future? How could it know?" Steve scoffed.

"How could it not?" Sitwell laughed. "The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future," he said.

"And what then?" Steve said.

"Oh, my god, Pierce is gonna kill me," Sitwell cried.

"And you think I won't?" Maggie snapped, pulling out a knife and putting it to his throat. "What then?" she demanded.

"Then the Insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time," Sitwell said, a sick grin on his face.

"Fucking slimy bastard," Maggie kicked him away from her, pocketing her knife again. "Let's go," she said.

"You okay?" Natasha grabbed her hand.

"Yeah," Maggie said.

"Just, don't be letting your anger make you stupid. Keep your guard up, alright?" Natasha said quietly.

"I know. I'm fine. Promise," Maggie said. Natasha raised an eyebrow. "I'll tell you if I'm not," Maggie added.

"Thank you, Mags," Natasha smiled slightly.

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks," Sitwell winced as Sam drove the five of them to Triskelion.

"So, why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Maggie said sarcastically.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here," Natasha poked her head between Sam and Steve in the front.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly," Steve said.