Eighteen

"I'm loving the black hair."

Maggie smiled as Wanda's voice echoed around her head. Maggie and Natasha were currently on a boat, with Natasha in the bathroom and Maggie watching the sea to keep an eye on how long it'd take them to get there.

"Felt like a change."

"It suits you. Still prefer you blonde, though."

"Where are you right now?"

"I'm in Austria. What about you?"

"On a boat to yet another country. I don't remember where."

"Mags?" Natasha called, looking around the top deck of the boat.

"Gotta go. Mom's here."

"Say hi from me."

"Mama," Maggie turned around and smiled at Natasha. She walked over and wrapped her arms around Maggie, hugging her tightly. "Wanda says hi," she mumbled.

"I say hi back," Natasha said. "They took the bait. We're in the clear for a while longer," Natasha said.

"Good," Maggie sighed. Natasha kissed her forehead, smoothing her hair out of her face.

"I miss blonde," she said.

"Yeah, well, a blonde and a red head together would be too easy to spot. You get to dye yours next time," Maggie said.

"Deal," Natasha smiled. "You heard from Johann or Katerina?" she said.

"No. Lucky for them, there were never any files on me that mentioned anything about them. They're being left alone," Maggie said.

"But they're okay?" Natasha checked.

"Yes. Tony said he was keeping an eye on them for me. We're all good," Maggie said.

"You know, you could go and see them, if you wanted," Natasha said. "Nobody can connect you to them, so it'd be easy to get away with it. And nobody would expect you to go back to Russia," Natasha said.

"They're not my family, mama. I don't want to go anywhere without you," Maggie shook her head.

"Okay, malyshka. We don't have to go. We'll start fresh in, uh, Norway," Natasha said.

"I'm like, twenty countries away from having visited them all at this rate and we've been moving around for six months," Maggie said.

"Yeah, join the club," Natasha sighed, resting her chin on Maggie's forehead so she could watch the waves.

"Mags," Natasha whispered, shaking Maggie as she slept in the bed in the trailer they were living in a few days later. "Mags, wake up, malyshka," she whispered.

"Hm, mama, what?" Maggie opened her eyes tiredly, blinking up at Natasha.

"I have to run out and get more petrol for the generator. You wanna come or stay here?" Natasha said.

"Should probably come," Maggie said.

Natasha helped her to her feet and Maggie quickly pulled on a pair of jeans, her combat boots, one of Natasha's t-shirts and Wanda's red leather jacket. She pulled her weapons belt on and threw her hair back into a messy pony.

"Let's go," Natasha said.

Maggie had fallen asleep on the drive into town to the petrol station. She was curled up in the passenger seat, seatbelt on with her feet curled underneath. Her head was resting against the window, cracked open just enough to blow loose strands of hair softly on her face.