Twenty three

Maggie sat in one of the carriers hovering over the Wakandan ground as the team rode towards the end of the dome for the fight. Natasha was holding her hand tightly, with Steve and Bucky behind them. Rhodey was flying above them with Sam, while Bruce was parading around in the metal hulk costume he had.

T'Challa and Okoye were in another carrier with the Wakandan tribe leaders.

"How we looking, Bruce?" Natasha asked Bruce. Bruce laughed over comms as he jumped over the carriers.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Wow! It's like being the Hulk without actually-" Bruce cut himself off as he fell flat on his face. He got back onto his feet quickly. "I'm okay. I'm okay," he said.

"I got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line," Rhodey said.

The carriers touched down and everyone quickly climbed off, running ahead to join the ranks of soldiers already gathered. Maggie, Natasha, Steve and T'Challa walked ahead to the end of the dome to the two aliens at the dome. One was the same female one, but there was a new male one.

"Where's your other friend?" Natasha asked.

"You will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have that stone," the woman alien said.

"That's not gonna happen," Steve shook his head.

"You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood," T'Challa said.

"We have blood to spare," the woman said.

She held up her sword with a snarl and the buildings behind her started raising their outer walls to let their alien soldiers out.

Maggie, Natasha, T'Challa and Steve hurried back to the massed forces.

"Did they surrender?" Bucky said.

"Oh, yeah. We're having a tea party to celebrate on the lawn," Maggie said sarcastically.

"Yibambe!" T'Challa yelled, holding his spear up.

"Yibambe!" the Wakandans yelled in response.

Maggie pulled her baton out and twirled it in her arms before splitting it back into two.

The lady alien dropped her sword and they watched as mountains of aliens raced out of the trees towards them.

"What the hell?" Bucky muttered.

"I think we pissed her off," Natasha said.

"No shit, Sherlock," Maggie muttered.

The Outriders raced towards the force field and started piling up as they tried to break through. If any broke through, they died within seconds.

"They're killing themselves," Okoye whispered in horror.

As a few Outriders squeezed through, still intact, the Border Tribe took a knee to raise their holographic shields. The Kingsguard behind them leveled their spears over their shoulders and waited for T'Challa.

He nodded once and they started firing at the aliens. Bruce used the Hulkbuster's hand repulsors, Bucky used his M-249 machine gun and Maggie fired with her pistols, using slight hints of her powers to make sure they hit their marks.

Sam and Rhodey swooped around above them, taking them out from up high.

Rhodey dropped bombs down over the heaviest concentration of Outriders and they exploded, killing most of them in their path.

"Guys, they're circling the perimeter," Maggie said quickly.

"Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us... there's nothing between them and Vision," Bruce said.