𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑: 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐬' 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

LILITH BARGED INTO Dumbledore's office, Severus promptly following behind.

"Sherbet lem-"

"Dumbledore. They're back." Lilith interposed.

Dumbledore paused, turning his head to Severus arching an eyebrow. Severed tipped his head in agreement.

"What happened Lilith?" Dumbledore asked slowly, placing himself on the corner of his desk. Lilith's mind was still running wild, her nightmare, her memories and the events that had just occurred all intermingled in the same cesspit of thoughts. She tightly closed her eyes pushing away the parts that were not necessary and channeled in on the event Dumbledore was asking about.

"I was at the astronomy tower." She reminisced just moments ago. "Severus came from the Forbidden Forest and then- Wait." She snapped her head at Severus. "You were in the forest. What were you doing in there?" She hadn't even figured that correlation out until now. She looked between the other two Professors in the room, Severus appeared as impassive as always and Dumbledore didn't seem entirely fazed by her words regarding Severus.

"I think that is hardly your concern." Severus returned in a dangerously low voice.

"I said why were you there Severus?" she bit back.

"Enough." Dumbledore stated firmly, his tone frightened Lilith as she had never actually witness the man express such authority. "Severus. Now is the time".

Severus licked his lips, his tongue temporarily placed on the corner of his mouth, he sighed before nodding in understanding.

"Time for what?"

"Lilith. Follow me." Severus made no effort in waiting for a response instead he had already walked out of the door. Lilith turned a final time towards Dumbledore, visually questioning him, he smiled comfortingly.

"He doesn't know everything."

"Sit." Severus demanded. He had brought her to the potions classroom. He didn't want Lilith knowing his past but under the obligation of Dumbledore, he had no choice. Him telling her his past was not something that would bind them. They wouldn't suddenly be friends and he most certainly would not seek sympathy from her. For whichever reason Dumbledore decided now was the time baffled Severus, though the man having the mind of a Prophet confirmed with Severus that he had saw something in his visions. His confession itself would be done through legilimency - it was easier that way. Lilith would be able to see what he wanted her to see and thus any questions she would most probably have afterwards would be in line with whatever he decided to show her.

Lilith was now seated, watchfully eyeing Severus who was pacing back and forth across the room.
He stopped and turned to face her. "For whatever impervious reason Dumbledore has decided now is the time for you to know is beyond me." He sighed, rubbing his face tiredly.

"Know what exactly?" She spoke slowly.

"My past."

Lilith stilled in her seat. His past. His sin, his soul. 'My past': the tip of her mind taking a trip of two steps down the rabbit hole of curiosity. Did she even want to know his past? The weight of Dumbledore advising him to tell her only influenced her to believe that his story could not have been entirely favourable. Her thoughts were abruptly interrupted.

"You will use your legilimency abilities to read my mind. You stay where I take you and do not stray away." He meant the last part wholeheartedly and being wholehearted was not something Severus appealed to often. "Do you understand?" He spoke sternly.

She gulped at his words, "Yes."

Severus pulled a chair to sit in front of Lilith, he sat and edged himself forward, gazing into Lilith's eyes who looked respectfully nervous. She didn't want to do this, she didn't want to abuse his vulnerability. Her breathing had hardened and her heart pace had hastened. Taking a shaky breath, she pulled out her wand, unable to hold it steadily. This isn't right. You don't have to do this Severus.