𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔: 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐌𝐞, 𝐌𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐝?

A FEW DAYS had passed since Lilith and Severus had both been in agreement that operation of becoming a Death Eater was to take place. Coincidentally within that time frame Voldemort had scheduled a meeting that had been made known to Severus through Lucius Malfoy. The only thing that was left to do was prepare. Their plan had to be craftily curated and so within the same time frame, Lilith and Severus had been in continuous contact preparing their plan and attacking all plausible possibilities.

Today was the day of the meeting and Lilith and Severus had left their duty at Hogwarts and apparated to the Malfoy Manor. Lilith had been even more reluctant to leave her class behind with the knowledge that Gilderoy Lockhart had been temporarily placed in charge of teaching the students - the thought of him having any position of authority sent a chill down her spine and worried her more than she had felt as she had approached the gate of the Manor.

"Remember to be you, Lilith." He had turned to face her anxious gaze and looked back ahead. He took a second glance. "Perhaps not you explicitly." He spoke slowly in attempt to reduce the offence of his words.

She paused in her movement mouth agape. "Oh, that is rich coming from you." She playfully retorted. Severus laughed. A noise she hadn't had the chance to grow accustomed to. She didn't even think he was capable of such emotion and she most definitely didn't think that the first time she heard Severus Snape laugh would be on her way to becoming a Death Eater. One thing that she did know was that she would suffocate herself to hear it over and over again as it made her knees weak and her mind impure.

"You have to act how you think he would want you to act. You know that part better than I do so I can't assist you with that. But, Lilith?" He stopped and turned holding her hands in his.

"Yes, Severus?"

"Make him believe. No matter what. You have to do everything right. This is crucial."

He was right. She had to make Voldemort believe her. It would take thorough convincing given how long she had attempted to stay off his radar. It would be even more difficult to try and attain the upper hand against Voldemort and eventually the Ministry without either one realising. In being so lost in her own thoughts as usual, she hadn't noticed that they had made it to the door of the meeting room in Malfoy Manor. She shivered at the return of the familiarity this place had, it was perfectly poisonous and she had so willingly walked right into it.

"Stay here. Until I say or otherwise." He could that she was visibly shaking, he wanted nothing more than to touch. Caress her hand, or her cheek maybe, but he couldn't risk anyone being witness to their contact. Lilith nodded in response which Severus then took as his cue to enter the room, leaving the door slightly ajar for Lilith to listen in on.

Severus bowed from the end of the table as he came into view of Voldemort at the opposite.

"I believe I have someone here to see you, My Lord."

That had gained the attention from Voldemort who now sat upright in his seat. Severus had now seated himself a few places away from Voldemort. Lilith on the other hand stood shaking outside of the door.

'Be who you think he wants you to be.'

Severus' words filled her mind. She had to perform for the next few moments would be vital for her survival. In order to be what Voldemort would want her to be, she needed to be more than herself. She had to be bolder. Smarter. Stronger. She was challenging a brilliantly menacing mind which meant that she needed a masterly perilous mind. No more time could be wasted if she wanted to demonstrate that.

She prowled into the room, strutting part way between the table and the door. She stood distanced from Voldemort, eyes glistening wickedly and smirked.

"Miss me, My Lord?"