𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐: 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐨

DOLORES HAD A firm grip on Lilith's jumper, walking her through the corridor of the Ministry as though she was a criminal, a transparent smile rested on Umbridge's heinous face. She truly was a walking, sickeningly sweet toothache.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe the Ministry wants me alive, no?"

"Well you'd be no good dead, would you?" Umbridge had no tinge of entertainment in the voice.

"If that's the case." Lilith mocked. "Maybe you can unleash your grip and stop trying to suffocate me."
If anything, her grip tightened.

Lilith cowered under the same four walls as she had done so all those years ago. The Ministry hadn't changed drastically, the only prominent change being the emptiness of the halls. But that was only due to the fact it was the day after Christmas and thus, no one would be working. She questioned whether the Ministry had known her whereabouts all along and whether they had just been waiting for the right time to strike. And what other best time would they have to strike than in this very moment? Lilith had pledged her allegiance to Voldemort and her protection from Hogwarts had been compromised the minute that she entered the village. It was a perfect time for the Ministry to lash out for her.

As they walked, or well as Lilith was dragged, she couldn't help but stare at the port key stalls on the main floor of the Ministry. She could run for it. She could run and wait to come back until she had a better plan. But it simply wasn't an option, Lilith needed to find Mrs Bordeaux and somehow wager her way out of the Ministry once again.

"If you go any place except towards that door." Dolores pointed ahead of them. "You will be immediately escorted to The Black Chamber. They're expecting you." She finished.

Lilith snapped her head to the woman. "Who is expecting me?"

The woman smirked back menacingly. "Your Superiors, of course."

Lilith shoved Dolores into the wall behind her, a movement which stumped Dolores as her eyes momentarily glinted with fear. Lilith held her arm across her throat, threatening to cut off her oxygen. "None of you." She spat. "Are my Superiors. Not anymore."

Dolores' expression had switched back to an equal look of mischief, no longer in fear, or at least much less than initially. "I would reconsider that before you enter that door."

Lilith slammed her free fist against the wall beside Umbridge causing the woman to let out a small yelp. Lilith smiled. "I think I can walk the rest of the way myself."

She began to retreat away from Umbridge in the direction of the door. She could hear that patter of Dolores' heels clicking away and the almost silent whimpers of the woman made her smile to herself.

Severus' words rang in her head, the same words he had spoken to her the first time they had gone to Voldemort's meeting.

'Be who they want you to be.'

His words applied in this situation too. The Ministry had her surrounded and she couldn't cower the same way she had done those years ago. She needed to be limited with her questions but articulate with her responses. She needed to not lose sight of the reason she was here. And most importantly she needed to sway the Ministry in her favour if she wanted Beatrice to come out of this alive.

Her hand rested on the door handle, the only thing separating her from freedom and eternal captivity being this door and whatever followed afterward. She inhaled long breath as she placed a stronger wall in her mind to prevent the readers inside the room that awaited her from entering her mind against her will. With the same breath she had inhaled, she let it back out in attempt to strengthen the limited confidence she had in herself.