𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗: 𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐀 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞

AFTER THE EVENTS that took place the night before, Lilith had been reluctant to leave Severus' room. The voice in Lilith's heart told her to stay, to not leave his room but the voice in her head told her that she would more than likely soon feel overwhelmed. It was something that they could maybe work towards? Besides Severus seemed rather overwhelmed himself and most probably needed an hour or two to recover. After their kiss they had both seated themselves in front of the fire, talking about next to nothing and then of course Lilith had not so gently put out the fact that she may or may not have yelled at Dumbledore and Madame Pomfrey. The shock that had been bestowed upon Severus' face made her feel a peculiar sense of satisfaction.

Though that proudness soon diminished when she found herself in front of Dumbledore's office the following morning. She had already apologised to Dumbledore and Madame Pomfrey, she made no effort to accept any lesser charge for her misconduct and opted to take the full blame for her outburst and the seemingly cruel comments she made. And Dumbledore being as gracious as ever had refused to allow Lilith to take next to no blame, claiming that what he had done was insensitive and misguided. He had promised that no further secrets would be kept between them and that quote, Dumbledore...

'Would be as open as his jar of sherbet lemons.' It made her laugh in the moment and it made her laugh for a second time as she thought about it again. The man was too honourable for his own good but alas at least everything had been resolved.

Almost everything. Lilith had been making her way to the hospital wing, prepared to feel the potential wrath of Mrs Bordeaux who would quite literally put Lilith in her place or in a hospital bed beside the old woman, which rightfully so. Lilith had placed almost theories of conspiracy onto Mrs Bordeaux and it was unfair of her to have lashed out given the fact the woman had been, well sleeping, apparently, for the last three weeks. To hopefully discourage the wrath of Beatrice, Lilith had brought a slice of apple pie from the Great Hall, a food that left Beatrice drooling almost as much as Lilith did over Severus.

Sweet tooth manipulation she liked to call it. Appeal to the sweet tooth satisfaction of the individual and pray that all ends well. Lilith had entered the hospital wing, walking over to Mrs Bordeaux bed hidden behind a curtain that had been pulled around for privacy.

On the topic of sweet tooth, Lilith's mind wondered back over to Severus, wondering if he had a sweet tooth. She scoffed. He gave her a sweet tooth alright. Although the combination of Severus and apple pie seemed to be... fitting? But she couldn't pin him as a sweet tooth having person, he seemed like the type to drown himself in a bottle of fire whiskey. She scoffed again.

"Lilith?"

Lilith's legs almost gave in under the surprise announcement of the voice behind her. "Merlin's beard, Beatrice. I know I left things in a bad state but surely it's not a reason to have me almost spit out my spine."

Beatrice chuckled. A chuckle. Well, that's reassuring. Maybe mission sweet tooth manipulation will not need to be activated.

"Lilith, I stopped thinking about that as soon as my head hit the pillow." Ah, the perks of an aged mind.

"You're not mad?"

Beatrice flicked her hands down as she walked back over to her bed. "I'm too old to hold grudges. Besides, you've come bearing gifts, I hope?"

"Oh yes, I brought you a slice of Sev- apple pie." Lilith choked out, her mind still laden with images of Severus and his undisclosed sweet temptations. She followed behind Beatrice hoping that the woman wouldn't realise her embarrassment or at least not make a comment if she did catch on.