𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐈𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐎𝐮𝐫𝐬

AS LILITH RETURNED back to the village, its lively state had diminished to the same kind of eerie silence that filled the area of the Deathly Hollows. The only imminent sign of life being the smoke that escaped from the chimney of Sleepy Hollow.

Severus was still awake.

Had her body not been hurting the way it was, she would've rolled her eyes at the thought but even the mere motion of moving her eyes seemed to create a phantom pain within Lilith. Since arriving back at the village this morning, Lilith's physical appearance had deteriorated significantly. Her strength crumbled under the pressure of even the most lightest objects, just earlier her arm had genuinely given in to the weight of her bag that carried only a few of her things. Her vision was duly impacted as her eyes would fall shut without her realising and with the weakness of her body it made it all the more difficult to open them again. It scared her. It scared her because she didn't know how many times she could close her eyes and open them again without succumbing to the idea of keeping them shut.

She wasn't tired. She knew that even though the idea of a night with undisturbed sleep sounded like pure bliss, she knew that she would wake up in a worsened state, perhaps not even able to lift herself from the bed anymore. And to make matters worse, not only was she cold but the air was cold too. It was impossible to warm herself up while being surrounded by ice and so the tea, that Serverus prepared for her, was becoming a close and dutiful friend.

As she walked back up the stairs in the Sleepy Hollow, towards her bedroom, she decided that a hot shower would soften her aching body and mind, hoping that the water would embalm her pain and allow her to have just a moments peace without feeling weak. Even walking up the stairs had taken the breath out of Lilith. She hated this. Feeling so weak. So useless. Not even able to support herself. But her weakness would only be temporary, she just needed to see it through.

In the shower she mindlessly scrubbed at her body, the only thing occupying her mind being the events of tomorrow. The Crystal Cave had been a prospect constantly on her mind from the moment she had insinuated the idea of going there. But now with the date of them going imminently being tomorrow, a less insightful and more anxious feeling set in the pit of her stomach.

On one hand, everything could be waiting for them at Crystal Cave, everything they required. This entire ordeal regarding Voldemort and the Ministry Supreme could be finished with no sooner as they could leave. It was a luxurious thought to possess, to even partially believe that it would be that simple, to even have that much hope. On the other hand, there was the possibility of nothing. The nothing isn't what Lilith feared though. No, she feared what would happen afterwards, where they would go from there, how they could even think about going forward. There was only so much Lilith knew about Voldemort and the Ministry and her memories were wearing thin. She could never praise Voldemort but he was undoubtedly cunning in what he did. He was infinitely wise to what he had created and even wiser to ensuring the denial of his defeat. He would not be moved from this earth. Not with ease. Not without a fight.

Lilith feared that thought even further. A fight. The sole possibility of their entire existence being reduced to a fight where nothing but innocent blood would be spilt by the damned. A fight where only one would remain. Lilith refused to have anyone fight with her, let alone for her. Voldemort and the Ministry were not necessary Lilith's fight alone, for years combined they had tormented and twisted the minds of the wizarding world leaving them in a shallow state of injustice and suffering. No good came from Voldemort and no good came from the Ministry. They plagued the wizarding world more than any dark magic could ever do.

The entire wizarding world was a victim of a broken promise. They had been sworn the defence from chaos and yet chaos reeked havoc from each and every accessible corner. The chaos that ensued was something that could no longer be denied as it continued to grow, people knew it existed but they chose to ignore it. And of course those who ignored it were mostly those who had never and would never be affected by it. Purebloods would thrive under Voldermort's usurpation and the Ministry would be able to do nothing but comply, not unless they wanted to go to war with Voldemort himself. It was the remainder of people who suffered: muggles, half bloods, children that knew no better but would be forced to learn the expanding curriculums ordained by the Ministry.