chapter 67

LEXIS POV

a few days later...

i woke up from a good nap, josh by my side, and buddy. i left the hospital yesterday and last night was the first night in my bed in a long time.

the release party was fun until i was almost raped and josh saved me. josh told me he heard me screaming after trying to look for me forever. he busted the door open and then bryce beat the guy in the bathroom. i was unconscious when the ambulance took me to the hospital and cared for me for days. the whole time i was there josh stayed by my side and helped me remember everything and get me to feeling a bit better. mads, addi, bryce, and charli all spent nights there to hangout and keep me sane it was good.

since i've had a day at home i've felt better minus the nightmares i had last night. i feel safe when josh is with me.

josh- hey are you ok? you zoned out. he said looking concerned.
lex- yeah i was just thinking sorry.
josh- nothing to be sorry about baby. i love you. he said pulling me into a hug.
lex- i love you. i repeated.
josh- buddy come here. he said hopeing for buddy to come to him.
lex- buddy come here. i said knowing he listens to me.
josh- wow so you listen to lex but not me. he said teasing buddy.

josh and i had been talking about getting a dog and he got an offer when we were at the hospital and he took it. we were so excited so once they said i could leave we went and picked him up and took him home.

—————
josh and i were watching tv in my room when he got a call from his mom.

josh- hello... yeah... oh... is she alright... tomorrow?...  ok are lex and bryce coming... ok.. ok.. love you too bye
lex- what's wrong? i asked worried.
josh- olivia is acting weird and my parents want her to talk to somebody so they got us tickets to come down tonight.
lex- oh ok what time?
josh- 6. he said as i pulled him into a hug.
lex- it'll be ok if they can't make her talk you can. i promised.

—————
once 5:00 hit i started packing. i grabbed everything from my bathroom and then just threw some clothes and shoes into my suitcase. then i was all packed and ready to go.

josh- hey baby are you done? he asked peering around the corner into my room.

lex- yeah i just finished. i said flopping onto my bed.

josh- okay im gonna go see if bryce is done. he said turning around.

lex- hey. i said gently grabbing his wrist.  its gonna be ok. i said then giving him a soft kiss.

—————

then we went to bryce's room to make sure he was done. then to our surprise he was actually done. he said he packed earlier when he got the text from his mom.

bryce- she'll be fine josh. he said trying to reassure josh.

lex- babe it'll be ok you'll make her talk she probably just misses you.

josh- i know its just weird because she wont answer my texts at all but hey she'll read them.