Chapter 23 - The Forgotten Promise

Y/N = Your Name

* 2nd Person's P.O.V

You and Ritsuka were walking towards the third library. You looked at Ritsuka " Come on, knock." Ritsuka took a deep breath, she took a few steps forward. Before Ritsuka could knock, the door slowly opened. You noticed a blue-haired boy peeking his head out. He was wearing a dark blue vest along with a white pullover, grey pants, and white shoes. Your eyes widen ' I recognized him.' Ritsuka said " Hello! Is Rem here?" The blue-haired boy didn't respond, his eyes moved to you. You tried to give a straight face but, you felt sweat dripping from your face. The blue-haired boy just closed his eyes and chuckled. Ritsuka was gonna ask something but, the door was slammed on her face. Ritsuka sighed, you thought to yourself ' That can't be the same guy.'

* Flash Back

You noticed a boy hiding from the distance. He had a blue uniform, and his hair was completely blue. You quickly looked away, hoping not to catch his attention. 

* End of FlashBack

You shook your head ' No! That's impossible. That blue hair, that uniform, those eyes.' You looked away ' That can't be a coincidence. He looks just like that boy.' Ritsuka asked, " Is everything okay, Y/N?" You blinked before nervously chuckling " Oh, sure! Everything's fine." You both heard footsteps approaching, Ritsuka spoke " There you are!" You turn around to see Rem. Rem asked, " What are you two doing here?" You said " It's about my power. Do you know what happened to the Angel race?" Rem replied " I have no information about that. You both should leave." You grunted " Not until you tell me what happens. I need to know." Rem stood silent, you begged, " Please, I need to know about my mother." Rem sighed " I'm sorry, I can't afford to give you, my help." Before he could slam the door on you, you stop the door with your foot. Rem gasped and turned around. Ritsuka asked, " What are you doing, Y/N?" Rem opened the door " May you please move your foot from the doorway? I told you, it's best if you're not seen with me." You yelled " You jerk! I promise me back in Nagano that you would help me." 

* Flash Back

Rem placed a hand on your shoulder " I could help you." You looked up at him, Rem said " It seems like your powers are untamed. If we don't do something, your sister will be harmed." He placed a hand over his chest " It's my responsibility to protect the students." You hugged him " Thank you, Rem!" Rem had a tint of pink on his cheeks. 

* End of FlashBack

You felt tears dropping from your eyes, Rem was shocked. He spoke, " Y/N...." You interrupted him " I don't know how to control my powers. I can't risk losing Ritsuka or Lindo." You mumbled under your breath before leaving " I thought I could trust you." Ritsuka ran after you " Y/N! Where are you going?" Rem sighed, he turned his head to his desk and walked towards it. He picked up a piece from his chessboard ' Such a strange girl, so determined.' Rem focuses on the chess piece ' Then again, she's last of the angel race. I understand her pain.' He sighs " I should ask for forgiveness, there's not that much time left." Rem places the chess piece back on the board and walks out of the room. Not knowing a small Pomeranian had been listening.