Chapter 30 - The Decision

Y/N = Your Name

* 3rd Person's P.O.V

Sorry if it's a bit long.

A/N: I don't own the picture; It belongs to its original owner. 

It was nighttime, the student councils were having a meeting in the third library. They were all sitting around the table. " So, Rem, what is it that you wanted to discuss?" Urie twirled a rose in his hand." It's about Ritsuka's sister, Y/N" Rem spoked. Mage, Shiki, and Urie raised their eyebrows at Rem. " Miss. Tachibana? What about her?" Urie asked. " I have a theory that Y/N might be the guardian of the grimoire" Rem answered. Everyone froze at Rem's statement, " As you might have already known, Y/N is no ordinary human." Rem added. " Indeed. When we summoned the Tachibana sisters, Y/N has been able to break through Rem's spell while being tranced" Shiki nodded. ' The look on Rem's face was priceless. Just thinking about it makes me want to laugh' he smirked to himself. Shiki's thoughts were interrupted when Mage slapped the back of his head. " What the hell's got you smirking?!" Mage yelled as Shiki blushed hard. 

"Anyway, do you have any proof that she's the guardian of the grimoire?" Mage asked. " As I matter of fact, I do" Rem replied. He spoked as he pulled out a large white feather from his pocket. Rem laid it on the table. " A feather?" Urie tilted his head in confusion. He picked up the feather and inspected it. " As you may recall, the grimoire is rumored to be under the hands of the most powerful winged-being" Rem said.

Urie notices a single strand of the feather was completely black. He keeps a mental note and places it back on the table. " I found it a bunch of them scattered this morning" Rem spoked. "Please, you really think a feather is going to be proof of a guardian" Mage scoffed. " Actually, I've found something that'll prove otherwise" Rem chuckled, smirking at Mage. He snaps his fingers, and a blue sword appears on the table. 

Shiki, Urie, and Mage were dumbfounded, " Is that

Shiki, Urie, and Mage were dumbfounded, " Is that.... a Celestial sword?!" Mage mumbled. Shiki's eyes widened; his whole body went stiff. ' That sword, it can't be the same one. But I thought I'd never see it again' his heart was pounding out of his chest. " Hey, freak, didn't you used to be part of the celestial realm?" Mage turned to Shiki. Shiki was still focused on the sword, his mind clouded up with memories of bittersweet, grief, and deception. " Hey, punk! Are you listening?!" Mage slammed his fist on the table. Shiki flinches at Mage's booming voice, " Mage was questioning you about your past with the celestial realm" Urie spoked. " Hell yeah, the colors on the sword represent the celestial realm. I was just wanted to know if you knew who this sword belongs to" Mage crossed his arms. Shiki got pissed at the mention of name 'celestial realm', " Of course not. I rather not recall my memories from that wretched place" he lied. He glares at the sword, the blade reflecting his disgusted expression. Rem raised his eyebrows suspiciously at Shiki's response.

 " Whatever. So, if this sword from the celestial realm, does that mean that the guardian is an angel?" Mage shrugged. " Correct. Which means our option to eliminate the guardian is too risky" Rem spoked.  " Ugh, we're running out of time. The blood moon will be appearing in a few weeks. If we don't think of a plan, those blood suckers are going to win" Mage grunted. Rem thinks for a second, his eyes widen at a conclusion. " I have an idea. For the time being, we'll be keeping a close eye on Y/N and monitoring her powers" he said to the rest of the student council. " As long as we have her under our watch, we'll be able to use her to find the grimoire" Rem added. " I see, so Y/N will be our performer for the grimoire" Urie smirked. ' My beautiful butterfly, I wonder how well your performance shall be? how long until you croak?' he stares at the rose in his hand. The clock strikes twelve o'clock, a loud bell rings throughout the school. 

" The Meeting is over. Return to your duties" Rem stood up from his chair. The student council gets up from their chairs and walks out the third library. Before Shiki could leave, " Shiki, could I have a word with you?" Rem called him. Shiki mumble grumpily under his mouth before walking over to Rem. " You're hiding something" Rem squinted his eyes at Shiki. Shiki's eyes widened; " Me? What could I possibly be hiding?" he forced a chuckle. " You tell me, you were dodging the topic of the owner of the sword" Rem crossed his arms. " It's impossible for a human to own a celestial sword. I doubt that they've been given easy access to a weapon like this" he added.  "Look, I got nothing to do with that. The past is in the past, I rather keep my lifestyle then relive my life as a nosy cherub" Shiki's face turned irritated. He turns his back to Rem and begins to stroll away. " Stop right there, we aren't finished with our conversation" Rem raised his voice. Shiki ignored him, Rem runs over to Shiki. However, Shiki manages to vanish before Rem could reach him. ' Where did he go?' Rem looked around.

In a field of violets, Shiki was ripping the flowers from their roots. He angrily grunted as he pulled more and more violets from the ground. Suddenly, a voice in his head shouted....

" Stop that! What do you think you're doing?" 

Shiki quickly looked over his shoulder, thinking someone was standing there. But there was just an endless field of violets. ' Even in death, you still remain in my head' Shiki sighed. He wipes the plants from his hands before standing up. Shiki looks up to the night sky, the stars were bright and glimmering. Shiki kicked the ground a bit which pushed a pile of torn violets. He glanced down and knelt down to retrieve a flower. Shiki glance at it for a moment, " These were your favorite, weren't they?" he said to himself. Shiki threw the flower aside, laid on the ground, and watched the sky. He found himself lost in the night sky, he then felt something fill his eyes. Memories of his bitter past began to flash through his mind, Shiki stood up and gasped in shocked. ' Why won't you leave me alone?' he rubbed his temples in anger. " I should get some rest. Before I lose my sleep" Shiki sighed. He laid back on the ground and went to sleep.