Chapter 11 - The Gray Past

Y/N = Your Name 

F/C = Favorite Color

* 2nd Person's P.O.V

You and Ritsuka looked up to see Rem, Rem said " Y/N, I just got on the phone with the police." You asked, " Well, any news?" Rem walked up to you " Yes. They just found the last place your mother was on her phone." Ritsuka said " Really? Where is she?" Rem said, " In Nagano, it's not far from here." You said " Nagano?" Rem asked " Y/N, are you familiar with that location?" You nodded " Our Grandpa's house is in Nagano." Rem said, " You say your grandpa used to study Vampires and Demons, correct?" You said, " Yeah, his research materials might be around." Rem grabs your wrist " Then, let's go." You felt a tint of blush, Rem said " If we can find the house, we could find your mother." You looked at Ritsuka then, to Rem.

Azuna was just sitting by herself, she got a message on her phone. Azuna pulls out her phone and saw a text from Ritsuka. It said ' There's new information on mom, I'm leaving with the school council. Sorry, I can't eat lunch with you.' Azuna thought ' Be careful.'

* Meanwhile

Mage grunted, " Why did Rem have to take those girls to Nagano?" He adds " Seriously, a real man would've gone alone." Urie walks over to Rem's desk " I wouldn't underestimate Rem if I were you." He grabs a chess piece and moves it to the chessboard. Urie said, " If I knew, Rem took those girls for a reason." He adds " It's possible that Ritsuka's sister doesn't know who she really is." Mage said " Well, I do remember her attacking Rem. Not like a normal mortal, that chick must have magic." Shiki said " Magic? I say it's something stronger." He adds " Something that might be able to kill us all." Mage lays back on his chair " I still think that girl is weird. After all, she's Ritsuka's sister." 

You and Ritsuka were riding in the limousine with Rem, Rem had given you both some food. You were eating some rice. However, you were scared of going to Grandpa's house. You were biting your lip for some reason. Hearing the words ' Nagano' was filling your head. You didn't want to go to your grandpa's house, you felt your head hurting. You held your head as you grunted. Rem noticed this and asked, " Something wrong Y/N?"  You looked at him and shook your head " Nope, must be the heat." The Limousine stops, Rem said, " We're here." Everyone got out of the limbo. You saw your grandpa's house; you felt your eyes widen as you gasped. Ritsuka asks " Y/N? Is something wrong?" You turn to her and say, " Don't worry, I'm fine." Everyone walks to the front door. You noticed the door was unlocked. Ritsuka said " Oh no!" She was about to walk in but, you grabbed her shoulder. Ritsuka turns her head and you said, " Be careful, they might be in there." You said, " Stay behind, I'll handle this." Rem asks " Are you sure? It's not safe to walk into an unlocked house." You said " Don't worry. I'm doing it for her." Rem was confused, you walked towards the door and opened the door.

*  Another Time Skip

You, Ritsuka, and Rem were in the living room, there were books and pages all over the ground. Ritsuka bends down to pick up a book " Poor Grandpa, he's been studying Vampires and Demons for years." You noticed something under the couch. You walked over and looked underneath. You reached your hand and grabbed something. You pulled it out and saw a book of Angel's. You felt your head aching.

* Flashback 

Years ago, when you were little, you were chasing Ritsuka and Lindo. You felt your head aching and you fell down. You were holding your head. Lindo and Ritsuka ran towards you, Lindo asks " What's wrong?" Grandpa runs in " Y/N!" He noticed wings were forming in your back. Grandpa gasped " It can't be." He picks you up and runs away. Lindo and Ritsuka were confused. Grandpa took you to his study room. Your wings appeared and you asked, " What's happening?" Grandpa grabs your shoulder " Stay calm! It's just your powers." You flapped your wings " Huh?" You were beginning to fly. Grandpa went to his drawer and pulled out an amulet. He placed the amulet on you " Here. This will help." Your eyes turned F/C, your wings disappeared, and your eyes turned back to normal. A bright light was coming from the amulet, Grandpa covered his eyes with his arm. You were dropped to the ground. You were breathing heavily, Grandpa asks " Are you alright?" You nodded. Grandpa looks at the amulet " Keep it on. It'll protect you." You asked, " Why?" Grandpa hugs you " Trust me. You'll found out soon." You were confused. But you slowly hugged him back.

* End of Flashback