Chapter 13

*WARNING* There are going to be some torture scenes close to the end

The thought that getting Liam out of jail would be easy never entered my mind. But it was easy. The name on the id Carmon gave me didn't exactly match my looks, but the officer who checked seemed new and too stupid to check if it was real—much to my luck.

The Officer asked me to follow him to the back and a faint buzzing sound went off as he opened the door for me. I had no idea where he was taking me, all I knew it was where they were keeping Liam. I knew Liam wouldn't be happy to see me, but I would be a lot easier on him than if Carmon picked him up.

Down the hall and a few turns later, the Officer stopped and unlocked a door. I followed him in and there was Liam with his head lying on the metal table. His head shot up when he saw me.

"Za—"

I raised my hand to cut him off. "Not another word! You're already in a lot trouble," I growled in a low tone making him hang his head in guilt. "Can I take him home now?" I asked the Officer then stared at his name plate on his uniform: Arnold Bret.

"Yeah, sure. If you would just follow me and fill out some paperwork to bail him out, then you guys can go."

I grabbed Liam's arm, pulled him to his feet then followed Officer Bret. I could tell the kid was itching to say something and as soon as he opened his mouth I squeezed his arm.

"Ow!" He whined.

"Shut it you knob head," I hissed. Liam pouted, but obeyed. I went through the stuff with Officer Bret for bailing Liam out and wrote the amount of money on the check before heading out without speaking a word to Liam.

As soon as we got in the car, Liam started his apologizing.

"Zayn, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to get caught-"

"Didn't mean to get caught?" I bellowed enraged. "I knew you weren't smart enough to go out and do shit like this! Do you need a personal babysitter to do anything?"

"No..." Liam whispered and I barely caught it. Liam kept his head down, stared at his hands in his lap and bit his lip till it was swollen and red. I couldn't believe I was taking this kid back to the warehouse. Carmon would torture the kid to death for getting caught. I never got caught, but I saw what he would do to the guys who did. Just thinking about it made me debate whether to take Liam back or not.

As if Liam didn't take the first hint that I was mad at him, he kept mumbling that he was sorry and I tried my best not to lose my temper while driving, but he was drawling it out for a near five minutes. Finally I couldn't take it anymore.

"Listen you little prick! I'm sick of you telling me you're sorry! Alright! I've had it you to here with you. First you take my place in the football team then you're talking to my girl then you get caught and now here I am picking your shitty ass up from jail!" Liam was silent for a moment.

"Your girl?" I took me a second to realize what he was talking about. I had just called Taivy my girl. I stared down the road wondering what to say. I scoffed slightly, faking absurdity.

"No, I didn't."

"You're just trying to hide your feelings—"

"Shut the fuck, you son of a bitch! I didn't tell you bring what I feel into the conversation, did I?" I brawled. Liam head hung low and swallowed. I really hated this kid, but I also felt sorry for him. This kind of job just wasn’t for him. He was too innocent for something so harsh.

"Where are you taking me?" Liam asked quietly.

"Back to the warehouse." I glanced at Liam out of the corner of my eye and braced myself for a comeback.