Chapter 8

~Taivy's P.O.V.~

A week had gone by since Zayn and Liam were arrested. I hadn't talked much to Zayn. He was always quiet, it was so unlike him. Whenever I passed him in the hall he no longer said hi to me. Even at our lockers-not a word. During our art class he would say a few words like ask me to hand him something. We were still working on our art project and he did go with the marshmallow idea.

Ever since I had gone to the party and met Liam, I've gotten to know him so much better. Rae told the police what happened before the fight and they let Liam go. His parents never even found out. Zayn though, I have no idea how he got out , but I knew Rae didn't have that kind of money to bail him out. She wouldn't have bailed him out anyways. She would have gotten hit by Zayn if it wasn't for Liam.

After the fight though, everyone seemed to avoid Zayn altogether. He also seemed more irritable and got angry easily at the teachers. Especially at Mr. Gingmuth which earned him more detentions.

Because Zayn wasn't around I began hanging out with Rae more, but because she never went anywhere without Niall, I had to hang out with them during lunch. But because of Niall there was Harry and some of the other guys from the soccer team. Because I didn't know them so well, I desided to ask Liam to hang with us as well.

I guess Zayn was right. Life is boring without friends. Zayn for some reason keeps coming to school around lunch time; sometimes with bruises. I think he tries to cover them up somehow. Makeup maybe....

"So he's got the ball, right! And Harry goes and tries to get it from the bloke, but there's this other bloke behind 'em. The bloke tackles Harry and the both fall, but they fall also on the guy in front of Harry!" I laugh as Niall retells the story of how there soccer game went the day before. Oh! Pardon me. Football. I'm still not used to British terms.

I listened as Niall continued on with his story. The whole time I was waiting to hear something about Zayn in the game, but Niall didn't even mention him. It began to sound like Zayn didn't even go.

"Did Zayn skip the game? You haven't mentioned him yet." I interrupted.

"Oh? Did he not tell you?" Niall asked.

"Tell me what?" Harry and Niall glanced at each other then back at me. I was expecting either if them to say something, but nothing was said. They just stared at my worriedly. "What? What is it he was supposed to tell me?"

"That's weird. I thought he'd tell you since you're the closest friend he's made. I mean as in a friend that's a girl." Harry said earning him a slap on the arm from Rae.

"And what am I? Sheep dip?" I laughed as Harry leaned away from the glaring eyes of Rae.

"Okay, Okay, second closest friend that's a girl." He groaned, rubbing his upper arm. "That hurt," he mumbled, partly to himself.

"Guys, come on, spill the beans!" I demanded. This time Harry said something.

"He got booted out...."

"He what?" I asked stunned. I didn't say it in an asking manor, I just couldn't believe it. I've never been to one of Zayns games but I knew he was good at the game by all the things people said about him. He was third to the captain after all. I guess it was a great loss for the team 'cause Niall eventually said they lost the game.

"Hey Liam, can you play football?" Rae asked hopeful. It seemed to me that she was trying to recruit Liam. I stared at Liam for a minute, eyeing what he was wearing. He had on dark, old, baggy jeans and a t-shirt that looked like it used to be white, but was blotched with light yellow stains-probably from sweat. The batman snapback that he wore was on backwards.