prologue

Playlist:

Red Right Hand ~ Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.

Do I Wanna Know? ~ Arctic Monkeys

War of Hearts ~ Ruelle

Take Me to Church ~ Hozier

Play with Fire ~ Sam Tinnesz, Yacht Money

Control ~ Halsey

Daddy Issues ~ The Neighbourhood

Supermassive Black Hole ~ Muse

Will We Talk? ~ Sam Fender

Start a war ~ Klergy, Valerie Brossard

Human ~ Rag'n'Bone Man

What a Time ~ Julie Micheals, Niall Horan

Nothing Breaks Like a Heart ~ Mark Ronson, Miley Cyrus

Gangsta's Paradise ~ Coolio, L.V.

Blood // Water ~ Grandson

High Enough ~ K.Flay

Call Me Lover ~ Sam Fender

Dark Paradise ~ Lana Del Ray

Teeth ~ 5 Seconds of Summer

Survivor ~ 2WEl, Edda Hayes

Lovely ~ Billie Elish, Khalid

Fire On Fire ~ Sam Smith

Hold On ~ Chord Overstreet

In the summer of 1904, Tommy Shelby and Maddy Smith were madly in love. It was obvious to anyone around them. You would rarely see one without the other. Whether they were kissing at the cut to stealing whiskey from the garrison or riding Tommy horse away from the overpower smog of Small Heath. The two fourteen year olds went on like this from months until early march in 1905, just after Tommy's fifteenth birthday. When Maddie was sent up the country to live with her grandmother in Newcastle, Maddie mothers home hometown. However, unknown to Tommy at the time, Maddie was pregnant with twins. Tommy's twins.

On the 9th of august 1905, Maddie Smith gave birth to a healthy baby boy at 10:35 am. The little boy had Shelby blue eyes and dark hair much like his father. Madie decided to name hers and Tommy baby boy, James Thomas Smith.

After another agonising 20 minutes, Maddie had welcomed a beautiful Baby girl into the world, Elishbith Ruth Smith. Who, much like her brother, had the Shelby's Sky-blue eyes and signature dark hair.

Maddie tried her hardest to give her babies the best life she could give them with the little money and support she had. Her grandmother despided Maddie and often would tell her that the twins were her biggest mistake and she should have given them up. By 1911, the twins were about to turn 7, Maddie's mind had been poisoned by her grandmother's word and she started to believe the vile word her grandmother spoke.

She cared less about the twins and would leave them for days on end under the care of her grandmother, who really didn't care about them.

By, april 1912 Maddie couldn't take it anymore. She felt suffocated by the constant belittlement by everyone and deep down she knew she couldn't do this without Tommy. The past seven years of her life without Tommy was tourture and she couldn't handle it anymore. Then, the next day Maddie took her own life and was found floating on top of the river Tyne.

After Maddie's grandmother was told what Maddie did she was pleased. Happy that she didn't have to care for them any more and could finally deal with maddies mistake.so by the next week the twins were put in an orphanage.

It was a miserable place. A place where no child should ever be forced to live. James and Elishbith hated it and planned that one day they would run away together, to America, to a better life.

A/N:

Elisabeth is played by Raffey Cassidy

James is played by Noah Jupe