Chapter 4, 'Go shag your new pal.'

18th april, Newburn, Newcastle.

It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon and James, Elishbith,John and Scarlet were all sitting in Libbys and Scarlet's room. They were meant to be doing chores but Sister Woodhouse gave up on trying to get the to do anything so instead she would let them do nothing and later on in the day when everyone else was eating she would drag them into her office and give them a good beating with her cane and send them back up to there rooms and let them starve. All of the 20 Kids that live in the home were under fead, starved and covered in cuts and bruises off Sister Woodhouse.

The beatings stopped affecting the core four and they took it in their stride, used their poker faces, and acted unbothered. Because as Libby had told them 'crying in front of people is like bleeding in front of a shark.'

Libby had worked out that if you wanted to survive in a place like this you had to keep your mind strong because it is your best weapon.

Libby knew the best way to survive was to play them at their own mind game which she did extremely well.

As the core four planned their great escape to America, a black Bently pulled up to the driveway of the children's orphanage. A man dressed in an expensive three piece suit, a long black coat, new shiny polished black shoes and a peaked cap with razor blades sewn into the top of it stepped out of the driver's seat. A man with a similar suit, coat, shoe and peaked cap with razor blades sewn into the top got out of the passenger's side. While a dark-haired woman with a luxurious dress, shawl and bag got out of the back.

Nobody ever visited the orphanage, unless it was inspectors which only came once a year and it was always on boxing day, so news of the mysterious people spread around quickly. So by the time Thomas Shelby knocked on the door a ground of sixteen children had amassed in the hall. All wanting to get a look at who had walked through the door.

The chaos downstairs is exactly what brought the core four down the stairs to investigate."Move, now." Scarlet boomed. Her shout alone was another to make the kids part like the red sea. A clear path was revealed as Libby and Scarlet saunted to the front of the crowd, closely followed by James and John. The two boys often acted like bodyguards for the two girls even though they were more than capable of looking after themselves.

The impenetrable black door was swung open by Sister Woodhouse to reveal the three Shelbys."Ahh, you must be Mr Shelby. I'm Sister Woodhouse, we spoke on the phone."

"I know who you are and I'm sure you know what I want and you see the thing is Sister Woodhouse. I'm not a very patient man so if you could get me what i want that would be lovely." Tommy snapped, wanting to get out of this dark, musty house as fast as he could.

"Tom, don't be rude." complaide Ada who wanted to make a good first impression.

"It's okay Miss, Sister Hunter, would you please guide Mr Shelby and His Guests through to the meeting room please." Asked Sister Woodhouse.

"Of cores, Sister Woodhouse. Would you like to follow me?" Sister Hunter asked politely. 

"Jame Thomas Smith and Elishbith Ruth Smith in my office now please." Sister Woodhouse said nicer than usual.

"No. We have done nout bloody wrong." Libby shouted, not believing Sister Woodhouse's nice act of one minute.

"Child, I won't ask again in my office now. This is your last chance." Woodhouse ordered. Hearing the commotion Tommy, John and Ada had started to walk towards the office to see what all the shouting was about.

Unfortunately, Libby had seen them walk back and decided to see just how far she could push Sister Woodhouse in front of her visitors.

"No, I won't. Here I have an idea why don't you go shag ur new pal, right and get off our back you little slag." Libby shouted back. Making John cackle in hysterics, Ada smirked and Tommy raised his eyebrows at her.

Sister Woodhouse began to shake. She went bright red and stormed forward, grabbed a hold of Libby's hair and began to drag her into the offices.James, john and scarlet immediately jumped to defence and were trying to pry Sister Woodhouse hand of Libby's hair. Nevertheless, Libby continued to shout at sister Woodhouse. "Get your slimy hand off me, you bastard."

Tommy was levied. "Get off her now." Tommy roared. Sister Woodhouse immediately let go and James pulled Libby behind him.

"I'm so sorry you had to see Mr Shelby. I don't know what has gotten into this girl." Sister Woodhouse genuinely apologized.

"You're sorry I saw. You're sorry I saw.Is this what ur like with my children all the time." Tommy bellowed, getting increasingly louder.

"Right , get me the twins and be quick about it. I want my niece and nephew out of this place now." Ada Demanded.

"What do you mean, your children? I've never seen you radgies before in me life." Libby asked, getting more and more confused.

"James, Elishbith. I'm your dad, Tommy Shelby." Tommy said gently.