Chapter 38,'My dad, my dad,'

3rd December 1919, Small Heath Birmingham

Dressed in black, Ada and Libby stormed the streets of Small Heath. To anyone looking out, it would seem the youngest two women of the Shelby family had just attended a funeral and maybe that was what they were going for.

It was an impulsive decision and yet it might be one of the best schemes Libby had ever come up with. Was it reckless? Absulity. Did they care? Not at all. They were going to save countless live now matter how many people would call them stupid and unresponsible later. They were going to fix the mess the men had gotten the family into their way, whether the men like it or not. Not that they currently knew what the woman were doing but the would soon as the two women dressted in black pushing a pram approched the group of men there family wanted to murder.

"Move," Ada shouted, pushing through a dense crowd of strange men.

"Get out of my fucken way," the Peaky Blinders heard a strong Geordie accent shout. They knew who it was but what was she doing here.

"What are you doing?" Freddie Thorne was first to voice his concern seeing his wife, newborn son and niece in the middle of a gun fight.

"I believe you men call this no man's land. Is that right Libby?" Ada shouted, ignoring her husband.

Both groups of men didn't know what to think, KImber looked shocked and imp[ressed while most of the Blinders, mainly the Shelbys, Isaiah and Freddie looked furious. They had specifically told the woman to keep out of it and they had blatantly ignored them.

"That's right, Ada." LIbby shouted, not meeting her father's, uncles' and brother's eyes.

"Ada," Freddie screamed.

"Libby," shouted, Tommy, John, James and Isaiah.

"Shut up and listen" Ada erged, not knowing how long they could truly pause the fight that was bound to happen, perhaps this had been a mistake but even if it was it was too late to back out now.

"Have you lost your minds," Freddie shouted.

"Have you lost your hearing, she said shut up, so keep your fucken mouths closed and pay attention for once," Libby snapped, "Now most of you were in France so you all know what happens next. I've got a father here, uncles, and a brother here."

" And I've got brothers, a nephew and a husband here. But you all have somebody at home, waiting for you, whether it be sons and daughters to wives and mothers. They are all at home praying you're going to walk back through that door."

"Now we are wearing black in preparation. I want you to look at us." Libby spoke.

"I am. Now move out of the way." John shouted, scared for his niece and sisters lives.

"I want you to look at us. Look us in the eyes and think about who will be wearing black for you," Ada said, ignoring John's dig, "Think about them, now and fight if you want but that baby aint moving."

"And neither are we," Libby said, backing Ada's speech up.

"She's right, you know why should all you here today have to die. It should just be those who caused it," Billy said, raising his gun.

The next ten seconds were a blur, Libby had heard a gunshot then another, then another meaning up to three people could be dead but she didn't know who. She had pushed Karl's pram over to the side of the street and felt a strong pair of arms grab her. Their scent was familiar and comforting, welcoming almost. She knew she was safe and Isaiah was safe but she had know idea who else.

Libby had turned to assess the damage and heard her father speak, meaning he at least wasn't dead but she still couldn't process what was happening and instead stayed tightly wrapped in Isaiah's arms, "Enough, me and Kimber fought this battle 1 on 1, it's over, go home to your families."

"You stupid bastard, you could have died," Isaiah said to Libby who was hidding in his chest as John walked over to them.

Without speaking, John wrapped his arms around the young couple and brought his niece closer to them. He had nearly lost his own life as well as his nieces today. He nearly let the person he swore the most to protect die.

"My dad, my dad. Is he okay? Where is he?" Libby's tine was desperate and urgent; she had seen the blood gathering on his shirt but had only just realised it was his.

"I'm alright Libby," Tommy shouted, catching his daughter's eyes.

"Dad." Libby whispered, running over to her injured father.

Wrapping his arms around his crying daughter, Tommy brought her closer to him. In truth he never wanted to let go. Libby looked up at him, tears pooling in her big blue eyes that reminded him so much of her mothers. Maddy and Libby had very similar feachers, from their button noses and arched lips to a face spotted in fecals. However, he could also see a lot of himself in Libby, the signicher Shelby grin, the arched eyebrows and the dark wavy hair all something he and his siblings had.

Tommy eventually had his little girl in his arms and he would but damned if he ever let her go again, "It's alright my sweet girl. I'm okay." Tommy's voice was comforting and soft, a tone reserved for the people he chesisted most in the world, his kids.

A;N/

This chapter is a bit shorter than the rest bet I didn't really want to add anything else in because its quite an action packed chapter but there's not much going on. Anyways I have a really good, funny chapter for you next, so stay tuned for next weeks update.