Chpter 40,'I get stolen property.'

25th December 1919, Small Heath Birmingham

The rest of December had been a blur, The days seemed to bleed together but everyone was surprisingly happy. It had taken Tommy a couple of days to come round to the idea of his teenage daughter dating but when James had randomly blurted out that he and Emily were a couple while drunk Tommy seemed to relax a slight bit after being equally confused as Libby and the rest of the family for that matter on when he and Emily became a thing.

Emily was one of Libby's friends who had accepted her into her friendship group and was one of the only ones to still talk to her after the whole Lewis situation.  Emily and Libby had spoken the week before James blurted it out and she never mentioned anything.

To be honest Libby didn't think that James was meant to say anything but that boy couldn't keep a secret to save his life especially when drunk.

It was currently early Christmas morning, every Shelby was asleep, except Libby who was currently trying to climb out her bedroom window. She and Isaiah hadn't seen each other outside of the betting shop in just over a week so Libby agreed to speak to him on Christmas Eve to make up for a lost time.

The walk to Isaiah wasn't far, he only lived a few streets over but the only problem was she would have to pass the Garrison to get there and she wasn't sure if Arthur, James and Tommy were still there.

The men of the Shelby family including Freddie Thorne had gone out for Christmas drinks  but Freddie and John had returned back home earlier than the other as they both had small children to wake up with in the morning.

"Libby," A voice shouted.

"Who's that?" The girl asked.

"It's me you dipshit," Isaiah said, coming up behind her.

"Z, you gave me a fright," Libby laughed, turning around to kiss him.

"Come on, my dad is still out," Isaiah said hiding Libby down his street.

Isaiah's house was cosy but you could tell there was no woman living there. It didn't have the women's touch like Polly's or even John and Esme's house did now.

"I brought your gift," Libby announced, handing Isaiah the neatly wrapped present.

"And I have your Mrs Libby Jesus," Isaiah said, pulling a messily wrapped present from under the sofa they were currently sitting on.

"Open it," Libby said impatiently.

"Okay." Isaiah began to unwrap his gift to find a personalised cigarette case. It was silver and had a gorgeous pattern with the date 09.11.19, the day Isaiah asked Libby to be his girlfriend with the initials L+I underneath. Libby did not know what to get Isaiah for Christmas or his birthday which was the following week, she had asked John but he was as much used as a soggy sock and her dad and Arthur were no better. Thankfully Freddie had come to the rescue with the only sensible suggestion and Libby had rolled with it.

Isaiah watched with nerves as Libby began to unwrap her present. In total honesty Isaiah had completely forgotten about buying gifts he had rushed off his feet with the Peaky Blinders but had refused to let Libby down so had asked Ada for ideas, who had turned it into a full day of shopping, making Isaiah trail behind her to carry bags. In the end, he has gotten Libby a gift but Ada had hindered him more than helped, Isaiah swore he would never ask Ada for present ideas again.

"Thank you so much, Z but you shouldn't have it looks very expensive," Libby remarked, looking down at a necklace with a beautiful pendant in the shape of a flower with a stone in the middle.

"Don't worry about it princess, and thank you for my gift but I've got to get you home. It's late and Tommy and John might have my head if they find you here,"