Painting

Summary: You and your paintings seem to cure Bucky's nightmares.
Word Count: 1272

It's around 1 in the morning. You're sitting with your back against the wall and a canvas in front of you. Carefully, you drag the brush across the canvas, doing your best not to mix the colors. A sigh of relief leaves your lips when you succeed.

The sound of your door opening makes you look up. You see Bucky walk in. He's not wearing a shirt and his sweatpants are hanging low on his hip.

Blinking a couple times, you look up at him. He's panting and really sweaty. He's shaking a bit too.

"Bucky, are you okay?" You asks.

"Sorry I had a nightmare and I know that you're awake right now. No one else is. I'm really sorry if I'm interrupting or intruding." Bucky apologizes.

A smile forms on your face. You pat the spot next to you. Bucky catches on and he sits next to you on the floor.

"Feel free to come in here after you have a nightmare. It won't matter to me." You say.

"What if you're asleep?" Bucky asks.

"Then wake me up." You say.

"I feel bad about doing that." Bucky confesses.

"Bucky, if you're having trouble sleeping, then I can afford to not sleep for a couple of hours. I mean, I'm always up till like 3 in the morning anyways." You say.

Bucky nods. You pat his knee softy and turn your attention back to your canvas.

"What are you painting?" Bucky asks.

"A flower." You say.

"It looks pretty." Bucky says.

"Thank you kind sir." You say with a smile. For some reason, the fact that you called Bucky kind, makes his heart melt.

The next night, your grabbing things to paint with. Checking the time, you see that it's 2 in the morning. You sigh.

"Starting late tonight." You say.

You paint for about an hour before going to sleep. The blankets find their way on top of you. Your pillow dips just enough to were it's not to much or too little. It's nice and cool.

Pieces of your hair tickle you cheek. You move them out of the way and feel dry paint on your cheek. Deciding to clean it off in the morning, you close your eyes.

The bed dips besides you. Your eyes shoot open. You turn over and see Bucky.

"Jeez Bucky. I almost bitch slapped you." You say.

Bucky softly chuckles. "Sorry. I had another nightmare." He confesses.

You scoot over to make room for him. Bucky picks the blanket up and slides under. You turn the lamp, that sits on your bedside, on.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" You ask.

"I was the Winter Solider and I was assigned to kill someone. When I killed them I turned back into me and I realized who it was." Bucky says.

"Who was it?" You ask.

Bucky nervously looks at you. "It was you. I killed you." He says.

You look down a little. Which you realized was a huge mistake after you did it.

Thoughts start to run through Bucky's head.

Shit did I scare her? Does she want me to leave? Is she not gonna wanna talk to me anymore? Did I screw our friendship up?

Bucky start to get out of your bed. You grab his metal arm and stop him. He realizes you grabbed it when he can't move as easily. You pull him back down and intertwine your fingers with his metal ones. Showing you're not afraid. You sit up with him.

"It was just a nightmare." You say.

"I'm scared doll." Bucky says.

"I know Bucky." You say.

"What if I actually hurt you?" Bucky asks.

"You won't Bucky." You say.

You scoot closer to him. Bucky looks at you. He sees the paint on your cheek. He licks his thumb and wipes it off of your cheek.

A blush creeps up on your cheeks. "Thank you." You say.

"You're welcome." Bucky says.

"See, you won't hurt me." You say.

Bucky softly smiles at you. You scoot closer and lay your head on his shoulder. Bucky rests his head on top of yours.

"Thank you for not being afraid of me." Bucky says.

"I never was afraid of you." You say.

"I should go." Bucky says.

"You can stay if you want to." You say.

"Only if you show me your paintings." Bucky says. You smile and get out of bed.

You show him several different ones. Bucky especially likes the flower one he watched you paint last night. You decide to give it to him since he seems to like it so much.

He thanks you by giving you a kiss on the cheek. Which, of course, makes you blush. Bucky notices and chuckles softly.

After you show him all of your paintings, and that's a lot, the two of you slid back under your blankets. The time reads 4 in the morning.

"Steve's gonna get mad at me for staying up late again." You say.

Bucky chuckles. He rolls on his side to face you. You copy. He moves a strand of hair behind your ear. Softly, his flesh fingers trace down your cheek. They're warm against your lips and chin.

His fingers tickles your chin. You giggle slightly. Bucky smiles at the noise you made. His hand slides underneath your chin. He leans in so his lips are hovering above yours.

"Do you wanna know why I like that painting so much?" Bucky asks. His lips brush against yours.

"Why?" You gasp out.

"It reminds me of you. It's your favorite flower isn't it?" He asks. You nod. Bucky inhales. "It's beautiful. Like the artist. When I saw the painting, I wanted it. When I saw the artist, I wanted her more. Can I have both things?" Bucky asks.

Smooth as fuck Bucky.

Unable to find your voice, you merely nod. Bucky crashes his lips onto yours. You wrap your arms around his neck. His arms wrap his around your waist and pulls you on top of him. You sit up, pulling him with you. Your legs wrap around his waist.

Bucky's arms crawl up your back, and under your shirt. You slightly moan into the kiss. Bucky takes advantage of that and sticks his tongue in your mouth. He collides his tongue with yours. His hot breath mixes with yours.

He starts trailing sloppy kisses down your neck. Leaving spit all over your neck. He licks all over the skin from your shoulder blade, to below your ear. He nips and sucks at your jawline. Moving back down, he leaves teeth marks in your neck.

Finding your lips again, he kisses you. Passionately. His hands softly rub your back. He bites on your bottom lip, causing a groan to fall from your lips. He shoves his tongue in your mouth once more.

Pulling away to catch your breath, he leans in to peck at your lips once more. You look at Bucky and smile. He smiles back.

"We can continue this in the morning. For now. Let's get some sleep." Bucky says. You nod.

He lays down on his back. You go to lay next to him, but he grab you and lays you on top of hims. His legs tangle in yours and he rubs your back softly. You rest your hands on his bare chest. You place a couple kisses on his chest before closing your eyes to fall asleep.

As you're about to drift off, you feel Bucky place a kiss on the top of your head.