Soldier of Mine

Summary: Bucky doesn't like his best friends little sister hanging out with a group of guys.
Word Count: 1.8k

A/n: Yes you're Steve's little sister in this one shot. This takes place in the 1940's so... soldier Bucky... yes please.

Soldier? Sorry. Soldier? Sorry. Soldier? Sorry.

This has a different ending for Bucky. He doesn't fall off the train to his... new life. Instead he comes back to you and you guys grow old together. Spoiler alert? Nah. *Loki impersonation* "Come on. What did you really expect?"

——

"Steve come on," you whine as you tug—not to hard— on your older brothers little arm. He shakes his head at you. "Absolutely not. I don't like them," Steve says. You groan and beg him agains.

"Y/n, listen to your brother. You don't want to be known as the girl who hangs out with a bunch of guys do you?" Bucky asks. You roll your eyes at him.

"Hey y/n!" One of the guys, Leo, calls. "You comin' sweetheart?"

"Be there in a second!" You yell back. "No you won't. C'mon, we're going home," Steve says.

"I'm a grown woman. I don't need your permission," you say as you start walking towards Leo and his friends.

You met Leo and his friends about a month ago. They were all really sweet to you and invited you to hang out with them a lot. So you did. Your brother and his best friend don't like it.

"Y/n," Steve sighs as he starts walking after you. Bucky follows after him. "This is not how I wanted to spend my night," Bucky says.

"Hey sweetheart. You ready?" Leo asks. You nod your head and he wraps his arm around your shoulders and walks away with you.

"Y/n!" You hear a very familiar voice call behind you. Turning around, you see your little big brother and his brunette best friend. "I told you we were going home," Steve says.

"And I told you I can make my own decision," you say.

"Y/n, please, let's just go," Bucky says.

"She can make her own decisions," Leo says as he steps in front of you. "This doesn't concern you," Steve says. Leo snickers as he shoves Steve back. Even though he didn't use a lot of force, Steve still fell back. Bucky bent down to help him up.

"Asshole," you say as you shove Leo back as hard as you can, causing him to stumble back. He snarls before slapping you.

Bucky grabs Leo by the lapels on his jacket. "Now c'mon. That's no way to treat a lady," Bucky says harshly. He lets go of his clothing before landing a punch square in his face. Leo falls back. Bucky turns to his friends. "Anyone else want'a shot?" He asks.

They all back up and walk away. Leo scurrying after them. "You alright?" Steve asks as he walks over to you. "Just leave me alone," you whisper as you walk away from them and head home.

Bucky and Steve follow you. Steve tries to talk to you, but you don't say anything. You just lay in your bed with your back facing him as tears roll down the sides of your face.

"I'm gonna head to bed. You can stay on the couch if you want," Steve says. Bucky smiles at Steve. "Yea I think I will. G'night Steve," he says.

"Night Buck," Steve walks down the hall to his bedroom.

Bucky sets up a bed for himself on the couch. He shrugs his jacket off and takes his shoes off. Walking down the hall, he knocks on your door softly. "Go away Steve," you say.