Skating

Summary: You go ice skating with the Avengers, but you're not too good at it. Luckily, Bucky's there to help you.
Word count: 1.3k
Requested by: xx_cloudy_berries_xx
A/n: I know there's a lot of you who are probably good at ice skating, but pretend you're not for this one shot. Okay? Thanks.

"Y/n, put on the god damn skates," Sam says. You shake your head. "Absolutely not. I don't have a wish to hurt myself," you say.

"You're literally an Avenger," Sam says with raised eyebrows. You shrug. "That's different."

Sam let's out an exasperated sigh. "You know what? I'm gonna go find Bucky," he says and starts walking away. "Fine Sam!" You call. He looks back at you with a smirk. "I'll put the damn skates on," you huff.

Of all people, Samuel Thomas Wilson was the one who found out about your crush on Bucky Barnes. Only because he was being nosy and looked through your journal. He teases you endlessly about it. Every time you're in the same room as Bucky and Sam just happens to be there, he gestures between you and Bucky with his eyes. It's the most annoying thing in the world. But he's the only one who knows. So, he's the only one you can talk to about it.

Oddly, it brought the two of you closer together.

"I don't know how to lace them up," you say. Sam kneels down in front of you and starts to lace the skates up correctly.

You look the the right and see Bucky looking over at you and Sam. You give him a smile and a little wave. He looks between you and Sam,  gives you a small smile before tearing his gaze from you and walking away. Your smile falters and your hand slowly retracts. "Is Bucky mad at me?" You softly ask Sam.

He looks up at you. "No, why would he be mad?" He asks.

"I just saw him and waved and smiled, but he barely smiled back," you say.

"That's weird. Did he do anything else?" Sam asks. You shake your head. "No. He just looked between me and you then walked away," you say.

Sam stops lacing your skates. Slowly, he raises his head to up look at you. "Ohhhhhhhhh," he says with a grin. "What?" You ask.

"Bucky's jealous," he chuckles. You look at him confused. "C'mon y/n. He saw me lacing your skates up and he got jealous. He probably wishes it was him lacing them up instead of me." You shake your head. "No I don't think that's what it was," you say and he chuckles. He finishes lacing your skates and helps you stand.

The two of you make your way on the ice. You keep a strong grip on Sam's hands as you glide on the ice together. "How are you so good at this?" You ask. Sam smirks. "That's what she said."

You glare at him before chuckling a bit. "To answer your question, I've always been good at ice skating. I don't know how, but I always have been," he says.

"It's probably the bird in you," you say.

"That doesn't even make sense—"

"Let me have the joke," you say. Sam chuckles. "Sorry," he says.

"What am I supposed to do about this Bucky situation?" You ask as you spot Bucky over by Steve. He looks over at you and Sam for a second before his jaw clenches and he looks back at Steve.

"Wow, he did the jaw clench. He only does that when he's mad or irritated," Sam says. You look at Sam. "I don't understand why he's be mad."

"Poor y/n. Too blind to see," Sam says. You roll your eyes. "I have an idea," he says with a smirk. You look at him confused.

He turns his head in Bucky and Steve direction. "Bucky!" He shouts. Bucky turns his head in your direction. Sam waves him over and you almost fall when he lets go of your hand. "Samuel!" You scold once you regain your balance.

"Shit my bad," he says.

Bucky stands next to you and looks at Sam. "What?" He asks with irritation clear in his voice.

"I have to go take care of somethings, but I can't leave y/n, because she'll fall. So, here," Sam says as he hands Bucky your hands. Bucky takes them from Sam and you watch as he skates away from you two, giving you a wink before exiting the rink.

You look back at Bucky and give him a soft smile. He gives you one back and starts skating backwards slowly. His eyes don't leave you once as he helps you skate around the rink. "That's it, doll. Easy does it," he says.

A shiver travels down your spine from his words. You look up from your feet and make eye contact with him. His lips slowly part as he studies your face. You look down at his lips for a split second, but he notices the shift in your gaze and smiles.

"Okay, I'm gonna let go of one of your hands now," he says. You shake your head. "No I'm gonna fall," you say.

"You're not gonna fall," he says with a shake of his head. You nod and grips his hands tighter. "I'm gonna fall," you say.

He slowly peels his left hand from your right hand. "See, you're doing great," Bucky says.

"Just shut up," you say jokingly. He chuckles and stand next to you. His right hand clings to your left hand.

Tony speeds past you, making you lose your balance and fall over. Since your were holding Bucky's hand, he fell with you. Bucky helps you up and you start laughing.

"You said I wasn't gonna fall," you say. Bucky shrugs as he puts his hand on your lower back. "I had no idea Tony was gonna go that fast past us," he says innocently.

You giggle and grip his jacket in your hands so you don't fall. "C'mon, let's get you outta these skates," he says as he takes both of your hands in his again.

Bucky helps you take the skates off. He looks up at you from his crouched position and smiles. "Thank you Bucky," you say softly. He brushes his thumb on your cheek. "Of course, doll," he says.

Patiently, you wait for him to take his skates off and put his shoes back on. You hand him your skates to return so you don't have to talk to anyone you don't know.

"You ready, doll face," Bucky asks. You nod and walk over to him. "I gotta ask before we leave, is there something going on between you and Sam?"

"Not that I'm aware of," you say. Bucky bites his bottom lip in frustration. "Why?" You ask.

"Don't worry about it," Bucky says with a shrug as he turns to walk away. You grab his arm and pull him back. "If you don't tell me, I'm gonna worry about it until you tell me," you say. "Or I'll use my adorable nature to get it out of you."

Bucky smiles softly. There's a moment of silence were you just stare at each other, before he finally speaks.

"I like you, y/n. I really like you," he says.

You smile and step closer to him. He grabs your waist when you latch your hands together behind his neck. Your nose presses against his. "I like you too," you say.

Bucky doesn't waste another minute. He kisses you softly at first, but it gets a tad bit more rough before you pull away.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that," he says softly. You giggle and kiss him again. "Let's go back to the compound," you say. He nods eagerly.