Rotten Sand

Summary: You and Bucky are childhood best friends and he's not to fond of you getting married since he's always been in love with you.
Doesn't follow the MCU timeline!
Word count: 1.1k

"I have bad news," Steve says as he walks in the room you're getting ready in. "What? Is the band late? The officiant? The groom?" You ask.

"Bucky is late," he says.

"That's worse than all of those things," you say as you sit down and use your hands to fan yourself. "It's gonna be okay," Steve says as he sits next to you and grabs a piece of paper to use as a fan.

"I'm not walking down the aisle until Bucky is here. I want both of you guys to walk me down," you say. Steve wraps his arm around your shoulders and pulls you close to him.

"Y/n, I don't wanna make you mad, but are you sure you wanna marry Eric?" Steve asks.

You pull away from him and look at him confused. "Of course I do. What kind of question is that? Why wouldn't I want to marry him?" You ask.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe because of a certain someone named James Buchanan Barnes," he says as he stands up and backs away from you so you can't hit him.

"Excuse me?"

"Y/n, I'm your older brother and Bucky's best friend. I know you both extremely well. They way you two act around each other, let alone look at each other—"

"Steven, please don't do this right now. I am marrying Eric. That is my decision and if you bring this topic up, I'm just going to question everything and I'll push the wedding back," you say.

Steve walks closer to you. "If there isn't a small part of you that wants to be with Bucky, if you can look me in the eyes and say 'I don't feel anything for Bucky' then I will drop it and I will let you go out there and marry Eric," he says.

You look at him and open your mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. Steve nods his head. "That's all I needed to hear," he says before there's a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Steve yells and Bucky walks in. "I'm not that late am I?" He asks as he walks up to you.

You wrap your arms around his neck and he wraps his around your waist. "No, you're right on time," Steve says.

"I have some... bad news. That both of you would want to hear," Bucky says hesitantly. "But Steve, you can't go ballistic and try to kill someone."

"Okay," Steve says.

"Y/n, I saw Eric kissing another girl," Bucky says and you feel your heart drop. "What? No that's not— it wasn't him—"

"It gets worse," Bucky says cutting you off. "A little girl ran up to him and called him daddy."

"He's already married?" Steve asks and Bucky shrugs.

"What the woman a red head with a birthmark on her nose?" You ask and Bucky nods. "That's his ex. He must've been with her this whole time," you say and sit down.

"I'll be back," Steve says as he walks out of the room.

Bucky comes up to you and sits next to you. "I'm so sorry y/n," he says.

You let out some sort of broken chuckle. "It's not your fault," you say and stand up.

Bucky stands up and grabs you by your waist. He pulls you in for a hug and breaths in your sent. "What am I supposed to do now?" You ask.

"Well, I'm about one hundred percent sure Steve is gonna beat the shit out of him," Bucky says with a small chuckle.

You look at Bucky and he frowns. "I'm sorry doll," he says.

The door opens and Steve walks in with his hand around Eric's throat. "Something you wanna admit?" Steve asks as he forces him to his knees. "No sense in denying it. We all know."

Eric looks at you with a pained look on his face. "I would never cheat on you," he says.

"Bullshit," Steve and Bucky say in unison.

"Just tell me the truth. I really don't wanna marry a liar," you say.

"Okay, fine. If it's the truth you want, then yes. I have been seeing her behind your back," he says.

"How long?"

"Three years."

"And the little girl?" You ask with tears in your eyes.

"She's my daughter and the reason I started seeing her again," Eric says.

"Well, maybe she's the one you should marry her instead," you say as you take your engagement ring off and hand it to Eric.

"Goodbye Eric," you say and walk out of the room.

Once you're fully out of the room, you hear Eric cry in pain and Steve and Bucky punching him.

Your sitting on the bed in Bucky's spare room. He's letting you stay with him until you have the strength to move on with your life.

"Hey doll," he says softly as he sits next to you. Leaning your head on his shoulder, you feel a little at ease. "I'm here for you if you need anything at all," Bucky says. You smile and kiss his cheek softly.

"Thank you Bucky. For everything," you say. He smiles and presses a soft kiss to your forehead. You hold his gaze and lean in slightly. "Don't do anything you'll regret," he warns.

You shake your head as you try to kiss him, but he pulls away. "You're going through heartbreak y/n. I don't wanna be used," he says.

"Is that what you think? That I'm using you?" You ask as you stand up. Bucky stands up too, but you're already walking out the room. "What else am I supposed to do? Why else would you do anything unless you wanted a distraction?" He asks.

"I don't know. But it wasn't because I needed a distraction," you say.

"Y/n, you know I'd do anything for you. I just— I can't do this," he says and you feel embarrassed. "Why not?" You ask.

"Because I love you. It wouldn't be fair to me or you if we did this," Bucky says and you nod your head. You knew he was in love with you, you just never wanted him to admit it. Because than you would have to face the reality of it. The choice you have to make.

Telling him you love him back, or lying and going back to your room.

And of course, you choose the first option. "I love you too Bucky. And when I'm ready I hope we can become more than friends," you say. Bucky smiles as he kisses your forehead.

A/n: this is the last part of this book. It's become to long and I'm making another one.