~38~

Author's Pov

Author's Pov

Its been five days since everyone received the news of Karna's demise. In the first two days Chandini neither cried nor smiled, she was like a lifeless body. People around her pitied her. Two days before she was delighted about her wedding, that was supposed to take place in a few days but the cruelty of fate she is mourning for the death of her beloved.

Karna's pyre was burned three days ago at Suryalok in the presence of his and her families. It was a heart wrenching scene for the viewers. And for the first time since the death of Karna Chandini expressed an emotion. She cried and screamed in agony seeing his body getting swallowed by the fire.

If it wasn't for her brother's tight hold on her, then she too would have jumped in the fire with him ending her long days of misery. And ever since that incident Chandini was under her families observation. Sometimes it's her mother, sometimes her brother and at night her bhabhishree sleeps with her in the same room. Her family feared that she would do something which will result in them loosing her.

In these past five days not even for once had she left her chamber except for the day when Karna's obsequies was done. With the passing of days Chandini became more and more silent scaring her parents and brother. 

She was sprawled across on her enormous mattress with tears dripping down her cheeks. She made no attempt in wiping them. Few days before she and Karna had made love on this same mattress and look at the cruelty of fate she is crying on the same mattress for him. 

Her hands towards her stomach, where a new life was growing inside her. It has been a while since she had known about the little life. She had planned on telling Karna on their wedding night but now she really regret not telling him about the baby sooner. Now she will never be able to tell him about their symbol of love growing in her. 

Now she will never be able to see his expression of joy on hearing the news. Her child will never be able to know his/her father. He/She will never be able to get the love of their father. She sobbed as she thought about it.

She had decided to have this baby even if Karna is not here. The child is her only reason for living. She will give birth to her child and he/she will grow up to become a great warrior like their father. And after fighting with both her heart and mind Chandini decided to reveal about her child to her father.

Her father will be able to understand her. He always have. He will help her and her child. Getting up from her bed, Chandini wiped her tears before making way towards her father's chamber.

Before she could, she heard a very families voice which she hated from inside the chamber. Realizing it was not the best time to go in Chandini decided to go back to her Chamber but the mention of Karna's name on their conversation made her halt in her way. Moving closer to the door she listened closely to their conversation.