-17-

George Pov:
———————

The coach canceled morning practice last minute. He said that instead we'll just practice before the game tonight.

Dreams laying next to me in bed, and we're both on our phone. We have about an hour until we need to get ready, since we got up early for the practice we didn't have.

The hour goes by very fast, and we're already complaining about having to get ready.

Getting ready doesn't take very long, since all we have to do is brush our hair, teeth, and other random stuff.

When we finally put everything away, I get into his car, and began going to school.

On the way to homeroom, I even have time to stop and get chips from a vending machine.

I'm surprised to see Dream walk into homeroom after me. He even sits next to me.

As the day continues, I cant stop thinking about how nervous I am. Tonight there's a game. It's late at night, around 8pm.

I'm still waterboy, so i'll probably be cold sitting around the whole game. I make sure to set a timer reminder to bring a jacket.

I toss my pencil into my bag, and make my way out of the last period of the day.

Everyone on the team, including the coachs, decided on having a dinner together before the game.

We're going to this old diner that's ran by an older women. It's not too far away, so I decide Id walk to it.

Before I begin walking, I quickly run up the dorm stairs, and grab my headphones from my room.

Running back down the stairs, I connect my bluetooth headphones to my phone frantically, and put the earbuds in.

Walking around the town was a really good decision on my part. Since it's still around 4pm, not many people are on the streets.

Every street lamp has some sort of pattern on it, ant every wall is graffitied with amazing designs.

When I finally get to the diner, I can hear people calling my name. I jog over to the group of people, and listen as they tease me for walking.

When we all finally go in, I pull out a chair, and look over to see Dream pulling out the chair next to me.

I smile, as we both sit down. The diners main colors are pink and blue, and it makes the place feel more welcoming.

Dream and I are talking when a waiter comes over, and asks everyone what they want to drink.

It takes a minute for the waiter to get to me, but I order a coke, and Dream orders lemonade.

When the waiter passes us, Dream immediately begins a new conversation.

"What happened with you and Dakota? One minute you guys were on a date, and now you're never together."

I'm shocked that he asked that, and almost choke on air.

"Oh, well I guess Sam's death has been really hard on him. So, he just wait- how did you know we went on a date?" I reply.

"I work at the ice cream parlor. I saw him come in, order, then sit with you." He answers.

Our conversation goes all over the place after that. I explain how we're not in contact anymore, and then the waiter comes over to ask what we want to eat.

I order a normal hamburger, and stifle a laugh at Dream ordering chicken nuggets and fries.

The waiter, once again, moves past us, and Dream jokingly hits me on the arm.