chapter18

Jimin P.O.V

I felt nothing when the woman who used to be my mother said "No." They had already turned off my emotional systems. 

It was short and...flat. 

With a hint of peppermint. The woman who used to be my mom loved peppermints.

Having my emotional systems turned off was...different. Even though I knew I should be heartbroken...well, I wasn't. 

"Jimin do you want to walk the garden before you...leave?" 
I turned around at my sister's remark.

This was the sister who was 3 years younger than me.

"Sure."
I was shocked by my voice.

So empty and...unemotional. Even though they had turned on my emotions for just this morning.

She opened the door for me.

I forced myself to stand up and walk out into the garden. Everyone else had a molecule teleportation room instead of a garden, but the woman who used to be mom had insisted on having 'open space'

The warm blanket of the sun rested on my arms.

Cameron would have called about a million times. They had taken away my phone way before I had finished the Live stock here.

But I had to forget now, wasn't I? I was getting brainwashed for a new start. I was getting a new family. I had done my best for this one year to make the woman who used to be my mother like me. Well, I had succeded a long time ago. But now I needed to move on to my next match to become chosen by the donor.

Lucky Sapiens.

They get a family for eternity. Unlike me.

The woman who used to be my mother didn't like 12-year-old girls. At first. Now she loved me. But it wasn't her choice to send me. I assured myself. Or was it?

You only have to keep the clone child for a year. That was what everyone had said.

The ground began to shake.

Instinctively, I began to run back to the house. But something pulled me back.

I didn't really want to leave this town. Or Cameron.

Without thinking twice, I ran out into the white street.

The ground was shaking furiously. Sapiens stuck to the corners in fear. 

A loud boom the kind I had heard in action movies literally bursted. The sound went on for exactly 4 seconds. 

I plugged my ears to stop the horrible blowing-up sound and the sound of people screaming at the same time. 

I ran.

I screamed without knowing that this voice was mine when the house in front of me...blew up.

The dust began to make my eyes watery. Red sparks flew around and began to choke me.

The sound kept coming from all sides. I looked behind me in horror when that house blew up too. 

Suddenly I ran into something. My elbows began to ache and my head was killing me.

When I saw what had hit me, my jaw dropped halfway open.

"Cameron?" I asked in amazement.
Her honey-gold hair was glittered with dust and her clothes were covered with large holes. I must look that way too.

"Jimin! Oh my goodness I've been looking all over for you!" she practically screamed.

"I thought you hated me after the last call..." she said quietly.

I scratched my head, confused. "You mean the one we talked about hair gel?"

Cameron looked at me as if I had lost my mind. "The time you told me that you changed school."

I stared at her blankly "That was not me."

When she opened her mouth again another building blew up a few houses in front of us.
"Let's go someplace safe."

I agreed eagerly. But before we could turn to go, a high ca-ching sound went off behind me.

Cameron frowned as if she couldn't believe this. "Moth?"

I turned around. It was a girl who looked to be about 15 or 16 years old. She had on a white top with green collars and a green matching skirt that could turn into pants. It was strange because Cameron seemed to know this girl.

"Why did you come? Who are you?" Cameron asked in disbelief. 

"Didn't you see from the first time? I'm from Lotus." Moth's violet eyes glittered as she said proudly.

Lotus. A group of Clones that worked to bring justice. Against the Sapiens. I had heard it several times from the people that used to be my parents. But why were they here? How did they know about Cameron?

But unlike me, Cameron seemed to have guessed all this. "About my twin? Is it true?" 

I stared at her. What was she talking about?

"Course It's true. That's why we came to get you. You are the reason we're doing all this." Moth motioned to the place behind us.

It was then I realized that the place we were standing on was the only spot that hadn't been damaged. Lotus was shooting everything but us.

Cameron seemed to have noticed it too. "What-"

"No time to explain. We need to go." Moth exclaimed. Then she pulled out a machine from out of nowhere.

A metal machine or something that had a handle and a hole was attached to the handle with the trigger for something. But the weird thing was, the girl was pointing the metal machine right at me. 

"Woah there," I shouted in alarm.

"She speaks." the girl murmured mockingly.

"That's my friend. Don't worry about her." Cameron said quickly.

The girl...Moth...or whatever didn't put the machine down. 

"You talk to me as if I'm your friend. But I'm here to finish what I was told to do. " the Moth girl muttered coldly. "I was told to get you, Cameron. Not her. We don't need her. But since she knows that we are taking you, we get rid of her." her hand tightened around the machine's trigger.

"I didn't do anything. I don't even know who you are!" I yelled. 

Moth smirked. "What you think doesn't matter to us. Don't you see? You're just a clone that wasn't going to be chosen." 

I don't know if it was the dust that was coming from the bombarding or the after-effect of the pills they had given me earlier..or what this girl had just said, but my eyes began to water. 

But Cameron stepped in front of me. "She's. My. friend."

"You don't have to do this Cameron. I don't know why, but they need you." I was shocked to see myself so calm. They were going to kill me. But If they didn't, the Sapiens would get me. I was going to go back to how things were. 

Another match family. Then, after a year of getting comments to my donor, I would be sent to another match family. But as Moth said. I wasn't likely to be chosen. It was just a painful hope list that wasn't coming true. 

"How touching." Moth said with no trace of any emotion. 

Then she fired the machine at me. 

I could hear Cameron scream. 

Then I blacked out. 

Sweet. Black. Nothing.