Chapter30

Wil P.O.V

Before anything could start, everything in front of me started to fade. Or rather, dissolve.

The crowd, the other blues, Ashley...all gone.

I stood up from my seat. My seat dissolved with everything else. It was all white now. What was happening? It was like walking in a white room now. 

I closed my eyes tightly. This couldn't be happening. I opened my eyes.

I was in a white room.

"Wil." A woodwind-like voice greeted me.

I spun around. It was Napoli. 

"How did.." I started.

"I called you here to talk." she gestured to the seat in front of hers. I sat down reluctantly.

"I have to go back. My friend is in danger." 

"She's not." Napoli assured. "If she is, it's her job to deal with it. You can't change her fate."

"You people are giving her that fate! She didn't do anything wrong! You can't make her compete with a red. She's going to get herself killed!" I yell. I needed to save Ashley. Even if she could be a real ass sometimes, she was still our leader. The Blues needed her.

"It is her fate. I need to give the upper-wings something else to talk about while I try to sort things out. A genius meeting a bad fate can't be better." 

I stared at her. Was she serious? 

The leader of the Lotus was using a clone to solve her problems. 

She was killing Ashley. 

She had known Ashley would die. 

"The job of the Lotus is to bring justice to the clones. I can't handle the upper-wings going against me every time I do anything." She sighed while she sipped her tea. "So I'm making another commotion gossip-worthy."

I widened my eyes in horror. "I'm telling this to everyone. You won't get away with this." 

Napoli smirked at me. "But you aren't going back. You graduated." She clapped her hands. "Congratulations." 

"What do you mean I'm not going back? I need to go back!"

"You are getting sent far away so that nobody finds you." the leader arranged her long leather dress so that her pointy heels showed. Next to the heel was a small stick.

I knew what the small stick did. She could knock me out any time.

"But I thought you needed me to bring justice to the clones!" 

Napoli leaned towards me suddenly and I jumped back. "You really thought I would announce you and your twin and bring 'justice'?" she hissed.

"There will be no justice. Don't you see? The Sapiens will find a way to stay 'sapiens' and the humans will listen. Did you think that one day all Sapiens will suddenly treat you- a clone- like one of their own? No. And even if that does happen, I wouldn't be a leader anymore. Would I? I would go back to being a poor clone. So I am not doing anything as stupid as bringing 'justice' to the clones."

I was shocked. Now I was able to see her for what she was. A girl. A girl who wanted power after being discriminated by the Sapiens. She wanted power over her kind. 

Pure anger seared through my skin. "You...you are a leader. That is NOT what a leader does. Using their people against their will. KILLING them." I shook my head as my eyes began to water. "You are not a leader."