Two: The Rescue

Blue Springs, California, July 15th

"Alasia, where are you?" I hear Dalton snap into my cell phone.

"Somewhere you're not." I angrily replied.

"You'd better not be with that jerk, Doyoung."

"Didn't you tell me the other day that I need to stop questioning you about whom you're with? So today I need you to keep that same energy." I sneered before ending the phone call. I never understood why Dalton disliked Doyoung so much, and neither would he tell me. All he would utter is, pretty boy, think that he's all that whenever I ask him what is the reason he's so hostile towards him.

I stood at the entrance of the wooded trail that was behind Blue Summit University, contemplating if I should call Dalton back or just let his mind wander about what I'm doing and whom I'm with. I ended up choosing the latter because I really wasn't in the mood to talk to him at the moment.

I plugged my air pods in my ear, then turned on Spotify. The sweet melody of "Nothing" by Jeremy Passion began to flow in my eardrums as I walked slowly through the wooded trail. I let my mind run wild about how much time I've put into loving a guy who didn't think about our future. I'm starting to think that being together after high school wasn't in his plan in the first place.

The more I thought about the countless year's Dalton and I had made plans to attend Skyline University once we graduated, the angrier I was becoming with myself for falling for his lies. I wouldn't be so pissed off if he had just been honest with me about the direction our relationship was headed.

"Do you have any idea how upsetting it is to accidentally find out that the man you've planned to spend the rest of your life with had no plans of going to the same college as you? It hurt me to find out that he never even applied to Skyline University. Instead, he chose to go to a college that is damn near six hours away from Skyline University because he claimed that I was smothering him.

Dammit, he was the one who complained that I spent too much time with my friends and not enough time with him. The odd thing about Dalton's statement is that he only complains when I'm out with Doyoung or Johnny. I guess now that I've ruined my friendships, he has the fuckin nerves to tell me I'm suffocating him and making things awkward in our relationship.

He and I have been arguing every day after I found out about him being accepted into Somerset University. Just thinking about his lies and betrayal was tearing me up on the inside and making my blood boil at the same time.

I was filled with so much rage that I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. I tripped over a thump in the trail and went tumbling down the steep hill. A sharp pain shot up my left leg after my ankle banged up against a large rock at the bottom of the hill. I let out a loud groaning noise as I tried to massage the agonizing pain that was ricocheting up and down my leg.