Fourteen: Breakfast In Bed

Jackson Wang

"Jackson, I'm hungry! I hear my roommate and only female best friend Karissa Miller call out just as I passed by her bedroom door

"Me too, Rissa," I replied after peeking my head into her room.

For the past three years, Rissa and I have been roommates, mainly because she was afraid to share an apartment with a stranger and didn't want to live by herself. She asked me if I would consider becoming her roommate. I agreed, since I've known her since we were teenagers, and she was my best friend whom I would do anything for. Plus, I knew all of her bad habits, and she knew mine. We both agreed not to bring the person that we were dating over to spend the night. This rule was established to keep down confusion between our love interests and to not put a strain on our friendship.

"So, what are you going to do to fix this situation, Jackson?" she asked, bringing my attention back to the present and to her, beautiful thighs that were peeking at me from underneath the cover.

"Dammit, you're in trouble, Jackson," I mumbled to myself when I felt my body temperature rising rapidly. Ever since I accidentally saw her naked body from behind nearly three months ago, I wanted to be considered as more than her male best friend. I wanted to be Rissa's man.

I wanted to be the man whose name she called out in the height of pleasure. The only man She turned to when she had a problem. The man she went to bed looking at and the first thing she saw when she opened her eyes every morning. All of these damn feelings came to life months ago thanks to my other two best friends Jay B and Bambam.

Flash beck started...

"Jackson, I think Karissa is calling your name, both Bambam and Jay B say simultaneously after walking into the kitchen. I was in the process of cooking up a few slices of bacon, pancakes, and scrambled for everyone. Wiping my hands on the apron around my waist, I walked out of the kitchen and straight to her bedroom.

In the background, I heard them making a little snickering noise, but I didn't think too much
about it. I just kept walking to Rissa's room.

"Rissa,'' I called from the other side of the door. I knocked softly on her bedroom door when I didn't get an answer from her. "Maybe she's in the bathroom." I thought to myself after still not getting a response from her. I opened the door and walked into her room. This wasn't something that was unusual for either one of us to do. Heck, we even slept in the same bed sometimes after falling asleep watching one of her chick flicks together.

"Rissa, did you call me?" I was asking when I saw her standing in her closet naked with her back to me. She had her headphone on and was swaying her hips from side to side while bobbing her head up and down. Water was sliding down her body and her jet black, curly hair clung to her lower back just above her perfectly round ass. I've always known Rissa was a beautiful woman, but I've never had the urge to see her naked before now or the need to cross the line of friends and lovers. I must have been blind and out of my damn mind to never have considered her to be more than just my best friend.