Eighteen: Tragic Dream

Kim Tae-hyung a.k.a "V"

I sat on the edge of my bed dressed in a white and baby blue tuxedo talking to my best friends Jimin, RM, Jungkook, Jin, Suga, and J-Hope about nothing in particular

I sat on the edge of my bed dressed in a white and baby blue tuxedo talking to my best friends Jimin, RM, Jungkook, Jin, Suga, and J-Hope about nothing in particular. They mainly came into my room to keep me calm because I felt like my nerves were getting the best of me.

"You're a lucky man to be marrying the lovely and beautiful Ms. Lisa Visagie," Jin said to me as he stood at the side of the bed, staring at the large picture of Lisa hanging over the head of my bed. This was a picture I took of her as she stood in a large open field wearing a pink halter top and a pair of black skinny leg jeans with pink Adidas on her feet. She stood there gazing at two brown bunny rabbits in amazement with a giant smile on her face.

"You chose an excellent life partner when you asked Lisa to marry you." Jungkook blurts out.

"I believe that She'll keep you grounded and out of trouble," RM interjects as he comes to stand beside Jimin.

"I thank you all for being here and for being the shoulder that I need to lean on through all the tough times I've gone through," I tell my friends as I look at each of them.

"That's what friends are for, Tae-hyung, but I have to confess something," J-Hope says.

"You better not tell me you have a crush on Lisa." I blurt out.

"Nah, it's nothing like that. I was a bit upset with you when you first told us that you were planning to ask Lisa to marry you, Tae-hyung."

"Why were you upset with me about that J-Hope?"

"Because I thought that once you did ask her to become your wife, you would leave the group and us behind."

"I would never do anything of the sort just because I got married. Plus, I know that Lisa would never ask me to leave the group or to stop being friends with you guys." I say to J-Hope after standing to my feet and walking over to the gigantic hanging on the wall above the dresser.

"Now that the guys and I have spent some time with Lisa and gotten to know her, I realize that I was way off base in my thinking that she would eventually change you." He replied.

"Come on, everyone, let's get Tae-hyung to the church before Lisa and her crew of mean-ass bridesmaids come looking for us," Suga says, then grabs me by the right arm and pulls me out of the room.

"Do you guys have the rings?" I asked once we all were seated in Jimin gray 2021 Escalade.

"I have yours and Lisa's wedding rings right there in the breast pocket of my tuxedo," Suga replied.

We all got in the car, listening to music and talking about the old days When we first met. A gigantic smile spread across my face when Lisa's favorite song, "I Wish You Was Here" by SuperM came on. Every time she joined us on our tour, she would force the guys and me to listen to this song over and over again until we damn near made it to our destination. At first, Jimin couldn't stand the song simply because Lisa would squeal when Taemin began to sing his part. Now he would be the one to play the song when we went on tour.

The church parking lot was filled with our family and friends when we got there. I walked into the huge church smiling from ear to ear with my friends. I was magically decorated in baby blue balloons hanging from the ceiling. White roses were fastened to the end of each bench with baby blue ribbons. Above the altar hung a blue and white banner that read:

In front of the altar on each side of the aisle sat Lisa and my mom, shedding a few tears

In front of the altar on each side of the aisle sat Lisa and my mom, shedding a few tears. My dad sat there hugging mom while smiling approvingly at me.

"Come on Tae-hyung it's almost time for the ceremony to begin." I heard J-Hope say before pushing me towards the altar where the preacher was standing. My cell phone began to ring as I watched my friends walk towards the exit to get ready to begin the wedding march.

"Babe, where are you?" I hear Lisa ask in a panicked voice.

"I'm standing at the altar with the preacher waiting on you to get here, honey."

"Dad and I are on our way there..." Lisa was saying when I heard a loud noise rang out in the background.

"Lisa, Lisa, Lisa baby," I screamed into the phone.

"What's wrong Tae-hyung?" RM asked as he and the guys rushed back to me. Seconds later, I heard another loud noise and screeching tires.

"No, No, No," I yelled as I shot up from the bed, drenched in sweat and tears running down my face. My breathing was very labored, my heart was beating fast, and my clothes clung to me like a second layer of skin.

"Dammit, what's going on with me? Why do I keep dreaming about a woman I've never seen before, A woman who most likely doesn't exist?" I asked myself as I hopped out of bed and walked out onto the balcony. Sitting down on the black and gold lounge chair, I began to ponder on all the weird dreams I've been having about this mystery woman for the past few weeks. The dreams I was having about this woman felt like I truly loved her and had known her for quite some time.

A sense of loss began to consume me as I replayed the events of each dream. These dreams seemed to get more real night by night. They was revealing more about the mystery woman and my relationship each night. I walked back into the room and lay down across the foot of the bed, hoping to get in a few more hours of sleep. Thirty minutes later, I hopped out of bed and walked down to the kitchen. I grabbed a cold bottle of water out of the fridge and a shiny red apple from the fruit basket sitting in the center of the island.

While sitting at the dining room table eating my apple, the sense of loss I was feeling earlier again wrapped itself around me, making me feel like I needed to cry. I threw the half-eaten apple into the garbage and the empty water bottle into the recycling bin right outside the backdoor, then walked back upstairs to my bedroom.

I lay under my silk, mocha-colored sheets and prayed that I would fall back to sleep so that I would be well rested to attend Ten and Jurnee's wedding later on today. Despite all my effort of trying to force myself to go back to sleep, my emotional state wouldn't allow me to do so.

I got back out of bed and walked over to my dresser, then grabbed a pair of black joggers and a yellow hoodie. Next, I put on my yellow running shoes and grabbed my cell phone from the nightstand. Stopping in the living room, I grabbed my keys and black facemask off the coffee table then walked out the front door.

Side Note This isn't the end of this story, it will pick up in chapter nineteen.