2 - A "Necessary" Glow up

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------THIRD PERSON P

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

Empire pulled up his shoes and glanced at his friend who did an 'ahem' sound, "What is it?" "Follow me, let's get started at the 1st step" Austria said before walking to the bathroom. Empire followed from behind and saw the both of them standing in front of the mirror, "So... What is this 1st step?".

Austria crossed his arms and looked at Empire with a smirk, "Your mustache? It doesn't suit you" he chuckled. The other glanced at himself in the mirror and chuckled nervously whilst looking back at the man beside him, "Does it really look that bad...? Weimar has already said that it doesn't suit me... 3 times already.." Empire stated with a slight smile.

"Well... The bottom one suits you but that mustache above is the complete opposite, for my opinion" Empire sighed and stroked it, "I forgot to shave it... I've been so busy with the paperwork that has been given to me..." he said as he scowled at Austria. Austria noticed his glance, "Uhm... Sorry I guess?" he said with raised eyebrows.

The German sighed and grabbed the razor, "The top one or the bottom one..?" Empire asked while he positioned the object near his face. "The top one! The bottom one might be a good touch to your face" Austria laughed.

He rolled his eyes and began to shave the facial hair, "So... While you're doing that. Where do you want to go later?" Austria asked as he fixed his tie.

"I thought we're going to eat then fix me up? Isn't that what you said?"
"Well duh, but the last time I went here was like... 4 months ago and of course there's gotta be some changes in the city" Austria huffed in response.
"Let's just go look around for now and eat at a place we find interesting"

Empire finally finished up on shaving it and washed off the parts that landed in the sink. His friend looked at him which resulted in his face brightening up with a smile, "There you go! Now you look 5 years younger!" he happily exclaimed. "Now let's just fix your hair up, but let's eat first! I was so excited to go here that I didn't eat breakfast!" Austria beamed in pure glee.

Austria went closer to the other and fixed Empire's coat, "Go tell your kids that they'll be alone for around... 2-5 hours. We'll try to make it quick before dinner, and let's prepare them snacks in case they get hungry!" quickly added. "Well aren't you excited..." Empire commented with a smile.

-Time skip: 11:15AM, Frankfurt, Germany-

"See you before dinner!" Empire waved off to Weimar before going out the front door and saw Austria waiting for him.

"How's your father?" Austria asked as soon as they started walking.
"I don't really know, you know that I don't keep in touch with him that often..."
"Well where does he live now?"
"He still lives in Allenburg, well... I'm not sure, he most likely moved because it's been about 3 years.."

Austria shrugged his shoulders, "Most likely moved. So do you know any good restaurants that are still open? Most of them are most likely closed because of the ongoing war..." he pouted. Empire thought about it and smiled, "Come on. I know a place" he stated, Austria replied with a smile. "Nice! I'll follow you!"

"Or... Should we give you a haircut first?" Austria spoke up.
"Huh? What made you think about that?"
"Well... Is it better to starve while getting a haircut or accidentally burping in front of the barber. Or it could be worse... How about you fa---"
"Then let's do the haircut first..." Empire groaned, cutting off the other.

"This might be surprising but... lead the way" Austria chuckled.
Empire smiled, "It's just a few streets away, don't worry"

-Time skip: 2:26PM-

Both of them went out of the building and Austria heard a heavy exhale, "It's been a while since I've eaten that kind of a meal... I'm stuffed!" Empire said as he fixed up his coat. "Well... Since your finished with your little glow up and done with our meal, we just need to walk around a little bit and head back home!" Austria spoke up.

Empire nodded his head and started to look around their surroundings, "I know a nearby park around here, we can probably rest there for a few minutes" the German said before he started to walk off to the park's direction while Austria hurriedly followed him. "How come you're so... calm or have no energy at all?"

"I am? I'm not sure... I think that I'm pretty energized at the moment" Empire replied. Austria just let out a single laugh and scratched the back of his head, "That's a surprise...?" the other awkwardly stated whilst also smiling nervously. Empire continued on walking while his friend only followed him from behind.

Austria heard a quick yelp from the man in front of him and saw a place surrounded by trees, bushes and all other natural plants. "That was quick" Was the only thing Austria could say, "I did say that it's only a few streets away. Now come on, I know a bench here which has a great number of trees to give us shade!" Empire exclaimed happily.

The German entered the park and walked towards the spot, "So... It seems like you always visit the park, how often do you visit it?" Austria questioned him whilst he caught up and went beside hm. "Not sure... But I guess... 3-4 times a week, or sometimes I go here on a daily basis to relieve the stress" Empire replied.

Empire nudged his friend's shoulder and smiled, "It's nice to have you back..." he softly said. Austria smiled then ended up laughing out loud, "What made you suddenly say that..? We were only... together for 3 hours!" he gushed out as he continued laughing.

"But yeah... It's nice being with you again!" Austria smiled widely.
"Your so loud..."
"Yeah, yeah, you've told me that for about the millionth time already"
"Whatever, so... can I rant about something?"

"Sur--"
"Wait. Let's just head to the bench first"

He grabbed Austria's hand before running to the bench he saw in the distance, Austria stumbled back at first but was able to regain balance after a few moment. They both arrive to the bench and comfortably sat down on it, Empire heavily sighed as soon as he came in contact with the wooden seat.

"What I was about to say is that... Ah, why are we required to wear our armbands? I mean... Our face is literally our country's flags! It's useless" Empire yelled out as he crossed his arms and lifted up his leg making it rest at the other. Austria glanced at the armband that he was wearing and laughed, "It isn't that bad! It... Gives off some sort of stylish vibes, and you look pretty cool when you're wearing it! What I mean by you I mean me..."

Empire huffed and shook his head with a smile, "Still! It's a nuisance you know? That's why I was given special permission to not wear it". Austria just chuckled and looked at the sky, "Whatever suits you I guess, but I'm pretty comfortably wearing mine. Because it's sort of stylish and I'm proud of my nation!" Austria rejoiced.

"Let's see about that. And do you wonder what will happen if this war ends?"
Empire raised a brow and looked over to his friend, "What makes you think that?"
"It's war? Several people die, countries collapse or get colonized, who knows! What do you think?"
"Fair point... Well we have nothing to do but to see for ourselves" Empire replied.

Austria groaned and slouched at the bench, "Sure I guess..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1 328

2 time skips lol
i was just searching up ww1 empires and ended up being directed to the countryhuamsn wiki i hat emy l;ife so much

my armpit hurts ok thanks for reaidng im sleepy gn <3