13 - The Past and The Present

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

It's been 3 days since Empire arrived back home, he has already received a letter from Austria stating that he'll be visiting him soon. Right now, Empire has also received a letter from the military saying that it is expected that the battle in Somme would be ending soon. He sighed and placed the letter in a drawer.

It states that the battle will be over soon... And it seems like France and Britain are winning as they're gaining some ground... Fucking hell! 

Empire let out a scream and threw his stuff on the floor, "It's fucking hopeless... I can't even get one soldier to set foot into Paris. You know what, as long as America doesn't join this war... Surely we can win... I hope..." he groaned. Empire looked around his room and sighed, "Not to mention with Italy being a fucking hypocrite..."

"Yes Empire, me and Austria will get along and we'll surely get along just fine" he mimicked Italy.

"BULLSHIT!" Empire slammed his fists on the desk, "That fucker just joined just because he was so scared of France... Not to mention that he has been in the alliance since... Since 1882! He could've just left the alliance earlier rather than give me and Austria false hope!"

He flinched at the sound of the door knocking, Empire cleared his throat and quickly fixed up the room. "C-Come in..!" Weimar slowly opened the door making the older male tilt his head, "What... Brings you here, Weimar?"

Weimar walked in the room and soon gently closed the door from behind him, "Dad, you're so scary when you're angry..." he murmured as he started fidgeting his fingers. Empire laughed nervously and went to the child then soon knelt down by his level, "I'm sorry about that... Was I too loud..?"

"Not that quite... But someone's at the door, must be Austria..." Weimar replied.

Empire's eyes widened and quickly stood up running towards the front door, Weimar was left alone at his father's office. The child frowned and left the room soon closing the door behind him.

When Empire arrived to the front door and soon unlocked it, he opened it to see Austria looking entirely different. He has change his hairstyle, grew a beard, and was visibly exhausted upon arriving Empire's house. The German stood still staring at Austria, "You... I never thought you'll make it out alive!"

Austria sprinted over Empire and hugged him as tight as he could.

"AUGH! AUS--"
"Don't even stop me! You stopped sending me letters back in... 3 weeks ago! I thought you g-got shot or even died!" Austria weeped.

The other saw tears forming in his eyes, he only sighed and hugged the other back. Austria wouldn't let go causing him to slowly lose his breath, "A-Austria I can't breathe...! Let go...!" Empire wheezed. Austria immediately released him and smiled nervously, "I'm so sorry...! I got carried away...! But I missed you so---- ...Did you lose your vision on the left...?" he murmured.

Empire tensed up, "I mean... It was either burned or gassed... I forgot the reason as my adrenaline spiked up that moment..." he scratched the back of his head.

"GASSED?! Holy shit, I thought YOUR side used those! So you're telling me you got GASSED by your own allies?! Not to mention that--- Well, at least your wound is sort of... Not that severe compared to the ones I saw... BUT WHAT THE FUCK EMPIRE!?"

"Calm down...! I'm fine... I'm just lucky that I didn't lose both of my vision!"
Austria groaned, "I told you to not go there from the start, but your persistent ass insisted!"
Empire sighed, "I understand your... Frustration towards me, but aren't you happy to---"

"Of course I'm happy! You're alive! God damn it Empire... You know what, let's just talk inside... People are already giving us weird looks here..." Austria muttered. Empire nodded his head and grabbed his wrist soon dragging him inside the house, "So what made you visit me so early..?" he set Austria down on the couch and went to the kitchen to grab him some drinks.

Empire went back to Austria and sat down beside him giving him the beverages, "You never should've went there..." Austria mumbled. Empire fell silent and chuckled to himself, "Yeah... I never should've went there..." Austria raised a brow, "What's this? Why are you suddenly so melancholic about all of this?"

"It's... It was hard living down there, I mean... Our trenches were slightly better or in good conditions! But... The stench of blood, the mud... You'd risk your head getting blown off by the snipers if you even take a peek of the battlefield. Of course, the only upside is that--- Since I was the representative I was given better treatment, when I arrived there everyone was so shocked and speechless!" Empire laughed at the end.

"Yet it felt so lonely... I felt like I... I saw him again..."

Austria looked around and leaned in closer to his friend, "Him? Your brother...?" Empire sighed and nodded. "I don't know... I had a vision of him walking to the battlefield..!? Saw him in the trenches..!?"

"...You must've went insane if you stayed there any longer..."
"I'm not crazy...! I had some sort of visions of him and all! I-I can't explain it to you properly!"

Austria laid down his drink and patted Empire on his back, "Take a deep breath... Don't rush on explaining things to me, I can wait..." he explained, calming the German down a little bit. "Alright... Thank you, Austria..."

It took 25 minutes for him to calm down and both of them sat in comfortable silence, until Empire spoke up, "I never... Fully told you what happened to him..? Haven't I..?" Austria glanced at Empire. "No... You haven't, and are you sure you really want to tell me? You shouldn't be pushing yourself to say something to me..."

"I admire your consideration but I also just need to get this off my chest..."
"...Fine then, go ahead..."

"Back in... Probably the 12th of January in 1871..? I'm not sure, it was so long ago. Prussia was--- He was on his way to unify the states right? To form this one... 'Unified German state'" Empire explained, Austria nodded as he continued to listen.

"He chose my brother... In his plan, we were going to be both the representative of that unified state, but Reichtangle will be the one who will mostly lead. Yet, Reichtangle was scared, reluctant..."

----

"What do you mean you don't want to be the representative of unified Germany?"
"I don't want to...! I'm just a teen, I have so much ahead of me and you want to give me this much responsibilities...!?"

Prussia stared at his eldest son, his stance was timid and was on the verge of running away. Prussia sighed, "I didn't live for hundreds of years, outlive my brother, fought with every sweat, tears, and blood to unify Germany just for my son to be so stubborn on being a representative... Reichtangle, your younger brother will lead you! Help you choose decisions and guide you!"

"I said I don't want to be a representative...! I'm sorry papa but I'm not ready to be a representative...! I'm just 17...! TURNING 17 this year! And my younger brother is only 11! How are we gonna lead an entire nation..!"

"You guys are not entirely gonna lead a nation...! I'm still going to be with you both, I'm just right behind you both. I'm not letting you guys lead a major... Eh, superpower...? I'm still the leading state... Meaning I'll probably still be a representative with majority of the lands! So---"

Reichtangle exclaimed, cutting off his father, "I SAID I DON'T WANT TO...! Why can't you understand with me... N-Not wanting to be a representative yet...!" Prussia flinched but then soon frowned, "I understand that this is... Too much to understand or handle but... Can you please at least try...?"

Prussia examined Reichtangle, he noticed the crack on the child's cheek becoming bigger making his eyes widen. He crouched down and hugged him tightly, "I'm sorry about that... I lost my temper... But..." Reichtangle felt his father's grip become tighter. "But do you promise me that you'll pick a decision...?"

"I-I... Alright... I will soon..." Reichtangle mumbled.

----

Austria blinked and rubbed his eyes, "I mean... I have no comment... Was Prussia really that desperate to make your brother a representative..?" he tilted his head. Empire nodded, "I was there in the same room... Although I pretended to be asleep, I heard everything..."

The other sighed and glanced at the direction where the stairs were, "Where is Reich and Weimar?" Empire waved his hand. "Don't worry, they just both finished eating and grew tired for some reason... So I just let them go to bed" Austria chuckled and nodded his head, "Alright... That's understandable..."

Empire spoke up, "Do you want something to eat?"
"Hmm? Sure! If that's alright with you"
"I have biscuits or I can make a sandwich"
Austria pondered about it for a while, "I'll help you prepare the sandwiches" he smiled

Within a few minutes both of them were halfway done with making the snacks, "How is your eye? Does it hurt still?" Austria suddenly questioned him. "It stings when I touch it... Or when it comes in contact with any surface, but overall... It's fine, the pain is tolerable enough" Empire answered.

"I'm glad, do you have any stories to share when you were in the trenches? Something peculiar you saw?"

Empire shook his head, but soon snapped his fingers after a few seconds. "There was this on time where I was just patrolling in the trenches! I peeked out of the trench and I probably saw Britain" He answered. Austria's eyes widened and let out a small chuckle, "Britain in the trenches?"

The other nodded in reply, "I thought the trenches of the British were so---- It was horrible! Well, what I heard from other people... The thought of a representative like him to even visit the trenches?" Austria raised a brow, slowly forming a crooked grin. Empire chuckled nodding his head in agreement.

Austria finished preparing his sandwich and soon prepared a glass of apple juice, while Empire prepared himself a cup of coffee. They both went over back to the couch and started eating their snacks, "So... Do you mind continuing the story?" Austria spoke up, his mouth full making the other tilt his head.

"Don't speak with your mouth full" Empire frowned.
He swallowed his food, "I-I'm sorry, but can you finish the story...? I've always wondered about what happened to your brother... Of course, only if you're comfortable"

Empire sighed and slouched on the couch, staring at his drink. "2 days later uhm... Prussia noticed that he was missing, of course... He went frantic about this, mostly because of the representative for the unified Germany but also of his own safety"

"I didn't tell him that Reichtangle told me where he will be going beforehand..."

----

GERMAN EMPIRE'S P.O.V

I stare at my brother who was packing up some of his belongings, "Where are you going...!? Won't dad be worried sick about you!?" I exclaim at him. Reichtangle growled, "Dad never cared about us! He only cared about getting a damn representative for this 'unified Germany'! I bet he won't even bother trying to look for me!" Reichtangle explained.

"But... What about me? You're going to leave me that easily..!?"

Reichtangle froze and glanced at me, I saw a slight frown forming on his face. "I would've taken you ANYWHERE I go, but... I don't know where I'm going yet and I don't want to risk your safety just for you to be with me, okay...?" Reichtangle grinned.

"I will be safe! I will---"
"Empire listen to me, I don't want to endanger you just because I was scared to become a representative to begin with... Dad--- Prussia is going to not care about me going missing, but... You know what--- Just--- ...Empire promise me, if you're ever going to become a dad, don't treat your kid the same way dad treats us, okay...?"

I blinked a few times before nodding my head, "Why are you suddenly saying that...?"
"Come on Empire, you told me once that you wanted to be father..."
"Well yeah...! But I wanted to you raise the kid with me! Help--- Guide me and make my future kid pi---"

Reichtangle silenced me by hugging me tightly, I could feel his eyes starting to water which only made me hug him back tightly. "Just... Promise me, when you choose to have children, please take care of them..." 

I only nodded my head and tightened my hug on him, "Do you really have to go...?" I murmur. He looked at me and smiled warmly, ruffling my hair making me giggle. "I promise you that I'll be back, I just need to get some fresh air after everything that happened..." Reichtangle explained.

"...Promise you'll be back?"
"Mhm, in a few days or so"
"Alright... See you soon..."

I rest my head on the window, staring at the view and watching the people all minding their business and doing their daily routines. I look down at my armband, encrusted with the tricolors of black, white, and red, I frown to myself and look at the distance.

"He never came back..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 2 281

IMALVIE IM ALVIE THIS BOOO IS THRIVING REAL

september 11, 2022: FACE TO FACE SCHOOL TOMORROW IM GONNA THROW UP!!!!

my heels are so tired me and my freinds went ice skating and what the fuck how do you what huh im not good at balancing and i kept falling !!! U FR !??!?! ON GOD !!!! HOW!!!

a friend of mine ended up getting help from someone and they got a crush on them. understandable because they looked good tbh LOL BUT THIS GUY !! THIS GUY IS SO INSANE i envy figure skaters 

AWOOGA K BYE BYE AND WISH U ALL LUCK ON SCHOOL OR YEA XD GN/GM/GA