15 - A Father's Wishes

AUSTRIA HUNGARY'S P.O.V

I dusted Empire's coat and raise an eyebrow, "Are you alright? You've been shaking and sweating like crazy since this morning" I comment before grabbing my handkerchief and wiped off his sweat. Empire only groaned in reply, "Of course I'm like this! My father is coming to visit me and he'll just see me covered in scars and that... That I lost my eye because of our own chemical inventions!" 

"Oh come on! Look at how I'm handling it! Despite that... The Austrian side has had a history with Prussia... I'm here acting fine!" I exclaimed. 

Empire sighed heavily then glanced at both of his children, "Be sure to greet your grandpa, alright?" both Weimar and Reich nodded his head. I chuckled and patted both of their heads, "You guys can do it! I heard that Reich is a grandpa's boy, right?"

Reich only slightly nodded his head, "When will Prussia arrive?"
"Soon... I hope, he told me he might be late because he needed to dis---"

Empire was interrupted with a knock on the door, I flinch and run up to the side window and peeked through it. I suddenly felt a wave of fear and shame running through my body, resulting in me quickly kneeling down and hiding below the window frame, "Austria!" Empire walked over to me then knelt down in front of me.

"Hey, hey, hey! What's the matter..!?"
"I-I don't know! I just suddenly felt afraid when I saw him!"

He only looked at me and sighed heavily, "Look, if you can't handle meeting him right now, that's fine! You don't have to force yourself, you can always just go in my room, loc---" I cut Empire off by putting my hand on his mouth shaking my head. "I appreciate it, I appreciate you being... Understanding of my feelings and all..."

I added, "...But part of me also wants to meet him, I want to meet Prussia himself! Your father, one of the great powers back in the 1800's! But I also have to remember that... He's the reason why my father became--- I... Why my father gave up...?"

Empire only stared at me before placing a hand on my shoulder, "Whatever you want... Just know that I will be here for you, alright? If it ever becomes too much or overwhelming, just tell me..." I immediately tense up and gently push him away. "Alright, alright... Thank you... Just open it and we can get this over with..."

He only nodded his head before opening the door, Empire immediately saw his father looking through the pieces of paper he had on his hands. "Finally, you opened the door. How have you b--- MEIN GOTTEN! Empire what happened to your eye!?" Prussia exclaimed as he let go of the papers he had on his hands.

My eyes widen and rush up to the pieces of paper catching all of them, I glance behind me to see Prussia still examining Empire's eye.

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

"What happened!?"
"Ah... While my trip to Somme I may have accidentally came in contact with mustard gas..."
Prussia slightly gasped, "MUSTARD GAS!? You got hurt from your own chemical inventions, for god's sake Empire... You're lucky the damage only affected you a little bit, others literally lose their skin and would need surgery!" 

Empire blinked and only chuckled a little bit, "I-I'm so sorry... Me and Nikolaus ended up goofing around and we may have accidentally came in contact with the gas..." Prussia sighed heavily and nodded his head, "I heard about Nikolaus, my condolences..." his father added. Empire only smiled gently, "It's alright... I've delivered his diary to his family..."

Prussia nodded and looked down to see Reich and Weimar looking up to him, "AH! There you both are! How are you!?" he exclaimed. Weimar smiled widely and waved hello, "We miss you! It's been so long since you've last visited here!" Reich walked up behind Prussia and started climbing his back.

"Ack! Reich! I'm so sorry, but grandpa won't be able to carry you now..." Prussia chuckled nervously as he pulled Reich away from his back and soon hugged him, "Seems like living hundreds of years finally took a toll on me..." he added before carrying both of of his grandchildren up. "Have you already eaten?"

Empire shook his head, "We've been waiting for you to arrive, come inside!" Empire moved aside and waited for his father to enter. Prussia looked around to see Austria standing awkwardly, his eyes widen and turned around to Empire, "You 3 go ahead, I didn't notice you had a visitor here"

Prussia walked over to Austria and smiled warmly, "Thank you for keeping him company"

Austria raised a brow, "...You're welcome...? Here are the papers you dropped by the way..." Austria stuttered out while handing out the papers to Prussia. "Oh, thank you! Let's go inside now, I also have something to discuss with both you and Empire" Prussia stated, Austria quickly nodded his head and briskly walked inside without looking back at Prussia.

A bit tense... Prussia frowned.