11 - Responsibilities

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEIMAR REPUBLIC'S P.O.V

"Where are you going?"

Austria flinched at the sound of my voice, he let out a relieved sigh and fixed his coat. "I'm just going to deliver... This letter to your father, it's been 5 days since he left and..." Austria furrowed his eyebrows then looked over to me, "Well, I have to go back to my country.... I-I'll not leave you 2 here alone of course..! I would be leaving someone to take care of you both"

I immediately tensed up, the thought of a random adult looking after us just made me full of fear. Austria noticed my discomfort and placed his hand on my head, "Don't worry, it'll be someone who I'm close with, alright?" Austria smiled. I gulped but nodded my head for now. He smiled widely and grabbed his hat then adjusted it, "I'll get going now, see yo--" "Can I join you..!?"

He stared at me for a few seconds before putting his hand on his chin, "Hmm... Well, what about Reich? Won't he be lonely or at least want to join us?" Austria tilted his head. "Good point... Before I went here he was asleep..." I answered, I only shrugged my shoulders, "It's alright if I don't come with you"

"You know what, we'll just make it quick. We're gonna be finished after 25-30 minutes or so, it's just a few streets away. Go and quickly dress up, I'll just make sure I didn't forget anything" 

Austria closed the door from behind him then locked it, "There we go, let's get going now" I nodded my head and soon followed beside him.

It was silent for more than a few minutes but I heard Austria angrily muttering to himself, I raised a brow and tugged on his coat. "Is there something bothering you...?" I spoke up, he glanced at me then shook his head, "I'm alright, don't worry" Austria replied with a smile. I grew skeptical but let it pass for now, only to hear him muttering again.

"Can't you just say it so you won't be bothered anymore..!?" I slightly yelled.
"You don't have to shout...! And it's something about what your father said..."
"What did he say..?"

He was silent for sometime but groaned, "It's well--- It's really complicated... Something about his brother, being a representative, and about serving in the... Ugh..! He just gets on my nerves sometimes..." Austria hissed. "I don't understand that man sometimes..."

I slowly leaned closer to him growing much more curious, "About being a representative...? What's so wrong about that?" I question him. Austria stopped in his tracks and looked over to me, "Let's say... His stubbornness and arrogance will lead him to his death" he spat out before continuing to walk.

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

"What..!? Hey..! You can't just say something like that and walk off..! What do you mean that'll lead him to his death!?" Weimar exclaimed as he went in front of the adult. Austria nearly tripped but managed to balance himself out, "I'll explain on the way..." the adult stated.

Weimar frowned and started following Austria again, where he now started to talk.

"Him... Based on his beliefs that if you're fighting for your country that means you're serving your country or whatever. You're already the representative that's already serving your country!" Austria scoffed. "I don't see anything wrong with that... What's wrong about serving in the military when you're the representative?"

Austria's eyes widened and glared at Weimar in disbelief, "When the representative of a country dies the nation itself will collapse...! Or they have to find a replacement which will lead to much more problems in the country Weimar..! If he dies there's a big chance you'll be succeeding him!"

"Now that you put it like that I guess you do have a point..." Weimar mumbled.

"Being a representative is already hard, you're expected to do this, to follow orders, sign so many documents, expected to look like that to act like this, and more! It's so annoying, do you know how hard it is to... I don't know, push everything aside just to focus on being a representative!?" 

Weimar blinked for a few moments and smiled nervously, "You make me nervous about being a representative..." he shakily stated. Austria groaned and looked towards Weimar and ruffled his hair, "Don't be... It's just because we're in a middle of a war, it's sort of... A special privilege of being one in the first place"

"Do you ever wonder what it feels like to be a normal person...? Like not having a flag as your whole entire body and living as an average citizen?"
"...Sometimes, the responsibilities you're expected being a representative is sort of overwhelming at the start..."

Austria shook his head and patted Weimar's back, "It's going to be fine, I know you're going to represent a thriving, and wonderful nation in the future!" Austria exclaimed. Weimar grinned, uplifting his mood a little bit, "Oh look, we're here!" Austria beamed out. "Just wait outside, I'll be finished in a blink of an eye!"

Weimar heard the bell ring and looked up to see Austria, "Took you a while..." he commented as he stood up from the ground. The adult snickered, "It only took me like 3 minutes don't be so dramatic. They'll try to send it in a few days or so, but it might take a while since they stated that the fighting there has been growing much more intense..." Austria said whilst wearing a sad frown.

The minor could only look back down and ponder on what would happen to his father, "Do you think he'll be fine...?" Weimar frowned. "Of course...! He's very cautious and... Attentive I guess... But overall, I'm sure your father will come back!" Austria hesitated in between sentences, Weimar became wary and looked back up to Austria.

"Let's just go back home..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1 047

feeling like melting and then then waking up on a flower field beside a seaside lol
oh and i was sort of tired and rushed while doing this because i have a thing due like.... 2 hours while writing this

march 30 2022: wanting to discontinue because its just an extra burden but the ending is so... :3 
anyways gutom nako

april 13: i forgor the weinar symbol on weimar xd

ogey byeb ye and thanks for reading