14

—— playlist : "No sense" ( Justin Bieber)

Sunoo sat on the long benches near the pond, he closed his eyes letting the serene crisp air hit his skin.

"So what do you think ddeonu?"

"It's nice, I guess." He replied in his usual low voice, I smiled taking my seat next to him.

"Here have a lollipop, I brought your favorite. Lychee." I handed him over some lollipops, the male opened up the wrapper sticking the lollipop on his tongue.

Sunoo placed his hand on the clipboard he took out from his backpack, he started writing something. The essay.

"Your handwriting is beautiful." I laid my eyes on the writing on the paper, "thanks love."

—- time skip — night

"S-sunoo why are we going so high?" I stuttered going up the steep hiking trail, "Trust me."he deeply spoke, intertwining our hands together, speeding his pace so I could get caught up.

Once we made it up there, we were on the top of a cliff. "A cliff??

"Sit down love, it's not I'm going to throw you off of it. Trust me." He chuckled, sitting on the edge of the cliff.

I took my seat next to the edge of the cliff, the serene wind turned wild. It started to howl, the wind turned a bit rough, blowing on my skin coldly.

"You like sitting on cliffs?"

"Look down Chaewon, what do you see. Look at the blue things." He man shoved my head near the bottom of the cliff, l flinched up with a crestfallen look on my face.

"Oh I forgot you're afraid of heights." He mumbled, "they're coming up...look at them glowing in the moon's light."

My eyes darted towards the tiny blue figures rising up to the skies, butterflies. Blue morphos if I'm going to be exact, they were shining so beautifully in the florescent lights.

"I didn't know they would be in this part of Korea but here they were, one day I came here while hiking down here but I felt tired so I took some rest here until I saw these things flying in the sky and they call came from down there." He pointed towards the bottom of the cliff where the butterflies all sat besides each other.

"Butterflies, Sunoo butterflies represent you doesn't it."

He emitted out a low chuckle from his mouth, "Not really Chaewon but you're close."

"Can you tell me why you think it represents you??" I tilted my head, the male's eyes darkened...he shook his head.

"It's really nothing important."

But it was really inportant, that one butterfly symbolizes his whole life. How that one butterfly with a broken wing was held back by flying with the rest who were soaring so free fully up in the air.

A butterfly with a broken wing, that's what he was.

"I see, you know ddeonu i think I've got everything for the esssay, this place really is a beauty to look at." I reached for one of the butterflies but was halted by sunoo's arm catching my wrists.

Sunoo shook his head, "Don't touch them love, you don't want poison in you do you?"

"They're poisonous?"

"Pretty sure they are."

"It's getting late, we should start heading home." Sunoo picked himself up from the hard ground, "Yea I'll be off to Siyeon's tonight, well I didn't ask her but imma bust in."

"She's probably asleep, stay with me."

"W-what?"

"Stay with me, what if she's asleep? It's like 11pm, you wouldn't want to bother her would you?"

"No?"

"Then let's go, time doesn't wait for anybody."

—-