𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 :)

——

——

"There was once a butterfly who had a broken wing, I was that butterfly. All of my life people used to make fun of me or either be afraid of me because of their assumptions."

"They thought I would always get into fights...that's why no one wanted to stay with me. They were scared. But it wasn't because of the fights..."

"First day of senior year in high school I ran into a girl on the roof, beautiful as ever. I didn't think that at first, I didn't care of anything back then. I just wanted her to leave me in my private space."

"That beautiful lady's name was Choi Chaewon, she was my seat mate in class and she saw me on the roof on the first day of school. No one knew about the roof...but she was so oblivious to just go there all by herself. She took the risk, stupidly...but thankfully."

"On that exact day I told her to leave and she tried to but...the door didn't open. The only solution was to jump off our 2 story school...she refused so I carried her and jumped off the building while the rope supported me."

"From that day she kept on bothering me, wanting to be friends. I didn't give in at first because I was never interested but she made me give in because she was so annoying to me. She was like the sun that always shine over you when you didn't want it to. Now there was this one day she found out my secret."

"The secret to music, she found out that I knew to play the piano and she told me to play a piece for her. I played her my favorite piece which was Moonlight sonata...up to till this day I still play this song for her."

"Almost everyday she would make me play piano pieces at my house, she was over there because we had projects and I would see her at my friends house because her brother dated my friends Noona."

"Because of all of that we grew close, she wasn't annoying to me anymore. She came up with thus cute nickname Ddeonu, she never stops calling me that. Even after so many years."

"She always stood by myself, through the worst times to the best. She made me save my life, she helped me towards my hardships as a person. She's the only person who didn't treat me as a misfit, and I will always love my sunshine."

"That's how I met your loving mother kid." Sunoo quirked his lips up to the 14 year old.

"Wow that's a whole love story right there!!" She teased her father.

I stood by the door listening to the story that ddeonu told our daughter, the way he still remembers everything in detail as if it was yesterday.

The memories...ah even thinking about it makes my heart warm. I leaned against the door with a smile on my face, I cleared my throat to reach the attention of the two figures.

They darted their eyes at me, "you heard?" Sunoo's cheeks turned pink, I laughed at his reaction...kiss it his cheeks.

"Everything butterfly, and I love you too."

"I love you more sunshine."

——

We had our daughter 1 year after our marriage, Sunoo and me are now 36 years old.

I walked through the hallways at midnight hearing the sound of melodies tunefully echoing the halls. I knew exactly who it was, who else would play moonlight sonata for me?

I stood in front of the big room, watching sunoo skillfully trailing his fingers side to side against the keyboards. Even after all these years he still keeps his rhythm.

He finished and looked at me with a smile, "I didn't know you came."

"I heard music playing, I wanted to check it out." I giggled.

"Is that so doll?"

"Mhm." I hummed.

"You're the same ddeonu, the same person I've met in high school. You haven't changed a bit."

"And you like that don't you?" He quirked his lips up with a snug look.

"I don't like that, I love that." I laughed lightly. Sunoo placed his hands around me jaw and gently collided his lips over mine.

"I love you sunshine thank you for giving me the best in life."

"I love you too ddeonu, my butterfly."

"Let's not forget about how I'm you're favorite misfit."

"I love you too Mr.Misfit" I whispered before going back into another kiss.

Misfit...

—— THE END.

Flickerhoon - this story is officially over, thank you all for taking the time to read this story. I will be uploading the Jay fanfic soon, so please stay tuned for it.