eleven: "sisters"

"There's something weird about you and your group," Renjun says.

Aera shuts her locker and ignores Renjun who leans beside her on the wall with folded arms.

He watches as the girl strides out of class for recess and a subtle, amused smile forms- following after her immediately to the cafeteria.

"Wow, that's cold," he says.

She rolls her eyes. "What do you want?"

"To talk."

"If you think I'd just gladly talk with the person who kidnapped and hurt us, it's better if you just walk away," Aera hisses and Renjun bites his inner lip at the guilt.

"I'm sorryㅡ"

She shoots a glare. "It's not me who you should apologize to. It's my sister, Iseul."

"Exactly! I wanted to talk about her!" He exclaims and the other frowns- quickly making him tone down his voice.
"I was just confused about the family tree. Are you all really sisters or is it just some kind of pretense?"

Everything he says seems to be wrong as the scowl on her face deepens and he gulps.
"We are sisters. Sure, we're not connected by blood but that doesn't make our ties invalid or less valuable. Choose the right words, will you?"

She swivels, intentionally slapping him in the face with her long hair and he backs away from the sharp smack.

He sighs as he watches her furthering away but chooses not to bother her no more.

"Hey, Aera!" A student suddenly, calls for her and she turns to the student- recognizing her as Iseul's classmate.

Aera smiles politely. "Hey. What is it?"

"It's about Iseul. She had a headache and went to the medic room. I thought I'd let you know," the student informs and Aera thanks her- heading to the nurse's office instantly to check.

It must be because of her lack of sleep, she thinks with concern and slides the door open soundlessly in case Iseul's resting.

But, what she sees is nothing from what she expects.

Iseul slumbers easily after been given medicine and beside her bed is Jeno, sitting on a chair as he watches her.

What the heck is he doing staring like a creep?? Aera wonders, already vexed and takes a step closer before instantly stopping when her sister stirs.

And Jeno holds Iseul's hand.

Aera turns frozen with confusion and surprise when faint shushes escape past his lips as to calm the restless Iseul.

What's more shocking is that the discomfort in Iseul's mien actually starts to relax and her tossing and turning begin to settle to a point where she returns to being serene.

How..? Aera gasps and observes Jeno's face.

His stare, unlike before, is not filled with malice or frigidity like it always is but is instead, compassionate and warm.

He's watching her not to study but because he genuinely cares.

It relieves Aera but at the same time, adds a new weight of curiousity of wanting to figure out why he's so nice to her.

She gasps internally and instinctively clasps her own mouth as she backs up to the door. Does he have a crush on Iseul?

...

....

A scowl of pure disgust instantly forms at the thought of him being all lovey-dovey and flirty with her sister.

She shivers just by the mere thought.

But, she can't make any other deduction other than it.

If it was because he adores her as a friend, it's less likely because they hate each other's guts.

Did he fall for Iseul's murderous skills? Aera wonders as she silently exits.