fourteen: "popsicle"

It's so sunny today, Aera thinks and looks up at the sky- sneezing after directly facing the sun.

She continues inviting people to her class and shows off her makeup to win their favour.
"Go to the first floor, walk down the corridor and you'll see where the class is. Thank you!"

She ties up her hair, feeling a bit hot when a group of boys from a neighbouring high school approaches.

A smile forms, her business attitude showing, dedicated. But they manage to speak first.

"Excuse me but if you don't mind, can I have your number?" The one in the centre asks.

Aera looks at his outstretched phone before at him and his friends who all wear nervous and anticipating faces.
"Well..."

"Move along, weaklings. She's taken-" a voice interjects and Renjun strides to them before pulling her by the shoulders.
"By me. Or more of the other way around, honestly."

The girl frowns at him and just from it, Renjun can hear her shrieking in detest. But she still retains her professionalism.

"What do you mean by that?" She asks through gritted teeth but he's unfazed and he tilts his head sideways to show off his pale neck.

"You see this bite mark? Well this vampire right here was the cause," he tells and the boys can clearly see the teeth mark- not missing any detail including how the dark red tint on his skin is exact with the one on hers.

One of the boys nudge the one in the centre before whispering. "They're matching with one another. I think, they're a couple."

The one in the centre's eyes widen and he bows apologetically. "I-I'm sorry! Hope you have a happy relationship!"

"We're notㅡ"

"I hope so too!" Renjun cuts Aera off and turns to see her glowering at him bitterly- the vampire makeup only making her look more intimidating.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have to paint??" Aera snaps and he shrugs.

"Someone else took over. The deal was for me to take the first half of the session only."

She sighs exasperatedly and walks away.

"Hey, where are you going? I can help," Renjun says and follows her like a tail.

Jeno watches the two from afar and walks away, coincidentally spotting Iseul at a popsicle stand.

He approaches cautiously, sneaky, as to not alarm her but his attempt is futile when she abruptly swivels.

"Good try," she says monotonously with a ghost of a smile on her lips.

Jeno reads it and looks at the pink popsicle in her hand. "Can I have some?"

She stares at him with contemplation, she loves ice cream, she doesn't like sharing limited things that she likes but-

Iseul lifts the popsicle up to him and he takes a bite before cringing at the cold on his teeth.

Strangely, he can't seem to refuse him and looks at her popsicle that's less than half from from his giant chomp.

...

....

Still, food's the priority. "You better buy me another one or the stick's going down your throat."

The complete indifference in her face and tone as she spoke such threatening words make him burst out in laughter but she still remains serious.

She's been robbed of her popsicle, she won't hesitate robbing the robber's life.

"You're still the same," Jeno chuckles out, his crescent eyes shimmering with tears from laughter.

Iseul furrows. "You talk like you know me."

The smile on Jeno's face turns warm as he gazes at her with an ambiguous sentiment. "Of course, I do. You're Iseul, my mortal enemy-"

She slowly raises her popsicle and he quickly drags her away by the arm to the ice-cream booth.

"Who I will be spoiling with popsicles. Let's go. Will the whole booth suffice?"