twenty-three: it begins

Bam!

  Donghyuck casually drops the body of the previously 'crying girl' onto the drama room's stage- its wooden flooring causing a large drum and yet, the others of the two teams who have gathered are unfazed.

  "I think you broke her face," Chenle says and Hyuck stares at the fallen girl.

  "You think so?" He asks and lifts her high up again by the back of her collar before releasing.

  BAM!

  The sound is thunderous this time.

  "...You broke her face," Lele comments and the older nods.

  "Good."

  Renjun studies the unconscious figure and turns to Donghyuck. "What happened?"

  The younger says nothing and lifts his chin up to Aera who then, extends her hand that holds two injection needles and a small, labelled glass vial.

  "She lured us by pretending to he a student in need and when we were close enough, she injected us simultaneously with this," Aera explains and Nari takes the things.
  "Unfortunately for her, the both of our teams practice drug and poison immunity almost everyday so a dosage as small as this doesn't work on us."

  Nari reads the label, recognising it as a type of tranquilizer and passes it to Iseul who then examines it with Jeno.

  Jisung dusts his hands after tying up the girl's limbs and stands back up. "I wonder what she wants with us."

  "Us, probably," Jeno answers and everyone turns to him.
"I think they're part of the organization that took Iseul and I in."

  Mark furrows. "I thought you said the place was all burnt down."

  Iseul nods. "It was, but it doesn't mean it's completely unknown and forgotten. The soldiers during that time were all killed except for Jeno and I. But the higher-ups, those who sponsored and organized the project are still out there- living and breathing.
  "It's a big possibility they decided to rebuild their previous idea to accomplish their unattained goals. Thus-"

  She turns to the passed out girl.

  "The birth of new soldiers. But even then, they'd still want Jeno and I either because we know too much or they want to put their chains around us again."

  The members of the two groups combined into 10, all turn silent at this.

  They've been moving here and there all their lives to avoid exactly this, but never once did it actually happen- until now.

  "Are... Are we gonna move again?" Chenle asks, toneless, but the dull and hollow gaze he casts to the floor clearly expresses his dejection.

  It's true that he didn't actually make any new friends- but one grows attached to the place where many happy memories are made.

  Jisung looks at him but says nothing, only offering company as he stands close beside him.

  Jeno scans the faces of his brothers, feeling an ache in his heart seeing them so melancholic.
"No, we won't. I'll make sure of it."

  He turns to Iseul who gives him a subtle nod and he clears his throat.
"But for now, why don't we skip school for a few days? Let's all stay at a hotel or something and relax."

  The idea is sudden- but none bother questioning it. They all know, things aren't easy when living a life like theirs.

  "As for this one," Nari approaches the fake student with a glare in her eyes. "Let's put her in our fancy aquarium."