twenty-two: surprise, surprise

Donghyuck and Aera push each other around playfully as they chat- walking through the empty corridor during lunch.

  "Ow! I thought we were joking!" Aera hisses in pain after Hyuck's aggressive shove.

  He raises a brow. "I am playing around, though."

  "Your definition of playing is smashing someone's skull against the wall?"

  "I mean, it's not that painful for you, rightㅡ OW!"

  "Oh, were you hurt? It was just a slap, though. Shouldn't be that painful for you," Aera sasses and Donghyuck's irritation subsides at her wit.

  The two continue to converse- no pushing this time until they suddenly heard faint sobs coming from the Arts' Corridor. It's where the music room drama room, art room and other basic art subjects' rooms are put.

  None are used for the time being due to it being near exam season.

  "For goodness' sake. Must they cry out loud in the open like this? Embarrassing," Donghyuck hisses and gets a glare from Aera.

  "Be a bit nicer, will you? If they're crying in a public place like this, that must mean they're really, really sad," she states and stares into the corridor.
"Let's find them."

  Donghyuck doesn't argue, knowing her good nature, his refute won't do anything. Besides, he doesn't feel like going to the last period of the day, the teacher tends to release them late.

  "Sounds like a party in there," Hyuck jokes and points to the drama room where the sobs are most clear.

  His grin diminishes when seeing her dead gaze and he quickly opens the door to avoid a smacking.
"Hey, crybaby. You good in here?"

  No response comes from the tearful female student sitting on the piano stool but her sobs quieten as if she's trying to hide the fact that she was crying.

  "Hey... Don't worry, we're just trying to help. What's wrong? What happened?" Aera asks with genuine concern. The girl looked so vulnerable and petite, the redness around her eyes show how much she had been crying and it's bugging Aera.

  Still, the crying girl says nothing and instead, tightens her grip on her skirt.

  Seeing that, Aera takes a step backward as to give her space and Donghyuck interprets it as a sign to leave- instantly getting yanked by the collar and ending in a coughing fit.

  "Sorry about my friend here. He can be a bit blank so if you need help, just come find me, okay? Judging from your badge, you're a first year, right? My class should be two floors above yours.
  "Just head right up and you'll probably see me around," Aera offers company and the younger girl slowly turns her head, letting their gazes meet.

  "...Ye," the youngest speaks and the other two furrow.

  "What did you say? Speak up," Donghyuck urges and leans down closer, Aera following suit.

  But the unexpected occurs- the girl's lips upturning to a devious smirk and bloodshot eyes turning fierce and sharp.

  "Good-bye~!" She sings with a high-pitched cackle before piercing both Donghyuck and Aera by the neck with needles- injecting them with an odd clear substance.

it's been so long since i updated this one and i'm sorry for that ಥ_ಥ but i hope you enjoy this chapter and anticipate the coming ones <3
have a fun time reading!! (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)