twenty-one: cuddles

School life has never been more fun. Ever since the two previously rivalling teams became one, their days have become more lively.

  "You bitㅡ"

  "Language~!" Jaemin sings and smacks Donghyuck's lips.

  He jolts, fanning them at the stinging sensation while Renjun has the time of his life laughing at him, clutching his stomach.

  Who knew the flirty, cunning Jaemin has a motherly personality in him? For a member of an infamous criminal group, he sure has a soft attitude.

  "Don't say such discourteous words in front of the ladies," Jaemin says and winks at Nari who rolls her eyes yet, a smile plays on her lips.

  Chenle notices the whispering students around their table and scoffs. "Look at them. Squeaking like rats. Afraid their 'Dreamcatchers' have turned to the 'dark side?'"

  Him and Hyuck snicker while the girls shake their head.

  "This is exactly why people are afraid of you. Try using more polite words and maybe, not sneer whenever you talk?" Aera suggests and the other two exchange glances.

  Donghyuck clears his throat. "Pardon me, your ladyship. I should have been more wise with my speech. From now on, I promise to give a fuxkㅡ OW!"

  The others laugh at him who received a slap on the back of his head from Jaemin.

  "Sorry, I thought I saw a mosquito," he feigns ignorance while gazing contentedly at Hyuck who's furiously rubbing his sore spot.

  "You know, we won't have to be treated like some 'celebrities' if we didn't come to school at the first place," Chenle grumbles but is instantly silenced by Jeno who shoots daggers with his eyes.

  Renjun nudges Lele, telling him to shush. "If we didn't go to school, Jeno wouldn't have met with Iseul again."

  "Yeah, and Jeno would have to continue being his brooding, lonely self," Mark teases and Jeno gives not much of a reaction except, for a subtle, very subtle smirk.

  Iseul observes him from the other end of the table, still amazed at how she's found him- or more of the other way around, honestly. And yet, even after all these years, he's still like he was before.

  "I can see hearts in her eyes. It's scaring me," Nari points out, popping her bubbling thoughts and everyone howls playfully towards her and Jeno.

  "Shut up," Jeno mutters, monotonous almost but the way his ears blush tell otherwise. He exchanged a look with Iseul who understands and they both stand in sync.

  Their depart together only causes more teasing from the group but they pay no attention despite having all eyes in the cafeteria on them.

  The doors of the dining hall shut behind them and instantly, Iseul gets scooped up by Jeno.

  "That was embarrassing," he mumbles into her neck as he nuzzles the moment he slips them into a janitor's room.

  He rubs his face against her skin, clearly feeling like they're not close enough despite leaving no space between.

  Iseul scoffs, patting his head as she sits on his knees, his arms propping her back. Just as she thought, he's exactly the same as he was before.

  To everyone else, he's like the toughest, indestructible man of steel, a heart too little and too far to reach, but to Iseul, he's just a softie underneath an armour of muscles and abs.

  "Still clingy, aren't you?" She jests but his arms around her only tighten and he lifts his head- glaring sulkily down at her.

  She chuckles, leaning into his chest and he melts instantly at her gesture of affection.
"I've been missing it for far too long."