Trust.

After dinner, Lan Zhan entered the master bedroom with a pang in his heart. He didn't know anything about what was to come, but Wei Ying had been excited and overstimulated all day long. Now he found him lying on their bed, in just his light sleeping gown. He was staring at the ceiling, thoughtfully chewing on the end of a ribbon. Actually, Lan Zhan noticed, there were multiple ribbons strewn all over the bed.

- Ha, Lan Zhan, tell me something? – he said seriously.

Lan Wangji followed his gaze up, and immediately knew what the question was going to be.

- What are those? I have been wondering for years now. – Wei Ying pouted, calculating in his mind.

- Those are... those are enforced metal hoops. For a cradle. – Lan Zhan said sadly.

- A cradle? – Wei Ying propped himself on his elbows, now curious.

- Yes. My mother put them up there, back when Ge was born. This is the master bedroom; she wanted to keep her baby close by, I guess...

Wei Ying bit his lip. He clearly remembered Lan Zhan's words about Nainai   –  "She can offer you things that I cannot...  And she is everything I'm not..."  

He looked at the hoops again and realized that Lan Zhan himself was the last baby to have lived in this room... Did he... Did he want a child

Was this the reason for his strange behavior lately?

Wei Ying got out of bed and came to him, hugging him tight. He knew his husband needed him in that moment.

- Lan Zhan... Talk to me. Tell me... I cannot read your mind, no matter how much I want to...  -  he murmured softly in his neck.

Lan Wangji just sighed.

- I just want you to be happy.  –  he repeated yet again, but Wei Ying detected such great sorrow in his voice that he was almost ready to throw all plans for the evening to the wind and just hold him, all night long.

- Hanguang-Jun... I don't want a wife. And I most definitely don't want children. Ugh... Noisy, dirty, snotty... No.  I want you.  –  he smiled and caressed his face.

I want this cold, perfect beauty...  –  he brushed his cheek against Lan Zhan's palm, making his husband smile faintly.  –  I want your mouth on... well... places...  -  he grinned, observing how Lan Zhan's lips parted -  he blushed and his breathing quickened. 

Wei Ying took off his robes and looked straight into his eyes:

- I need you to trust me tonight, Lan Zhan... Do you trust me? – he asked a little breathlessly.

Lan Zhan was a bit anxious, but nodded.