Love Language (Part 2) - Male!Baseball Player!Eliot x Bookish!Reader

"This feels stupid.." You sighed, looking into the rearview mirror of Dia's car. "I feel stupid."

  A scoff was head as Dia moved her mirror back into the appropriate spot that enabled her to drive with full sight of the road behind her.  She gazed up at the mirror, running a finger over her glossed lips. "Don't be ridiculous, Y/N! A little lipstick is not going to kill you."

  From the backseat, Ruby, Dia's younger sister who was a year below you, giggled. "Just be glad she didn't give you a deeper shade." Hanamaru, Ruby's best friend, examined your face through the side mirror with marvel.

"You look so pretty, zura!" You blushed at the compliment and thanked her quietly.

"I'm sure Eliot will think so, too." Kanata added slyly, much to your chagrin. You turned around at her words and glared.

"I told you to drop it already!"

"How can I? He asked you to his game! How more official can you be?"

You gave her a deadpanned look. "If that were true, Dia would be hooking up with both Mario Ohara and Kanon Matsūra." At that, Dia flushed undeniably, causing the rest of the girls to dissolve into giggles.

"You two need to shut your mouths right about now. I swear to Go—,"

"Hey, hey, which one invited you this time, huh?" Kanata interrupted to continue her jabs. Lilac eyes flashed teasingly towards Ruby. "It's only a matter of time before that sister of yours is caught in between her little love triangle. I'm putting my money on Kanon beating the shi—,"

"Okay. We're leaving. Now. Don't talk. I need to concentrate on driving."

-

Upon arrival to the school's parking lot, you felt your nerves building up. You twiddled the strap of the little leather purse Dia let you borrow for the evening. In all honesty, Dia Kurosawa was flashier than you would ever be; but being your best friend, she knew that you had limits when it came to this stuff, so she went a little easy on the dress code. For now, anyway. The dress that hung from your body was simple, a tad flowy and adorned in a few white floral decorations at the collar that complimented its lavendar color. Your hair was only braided to one side, courtesy of Ruby and her skilled hands.

And Dia was right. A little lipstick wasn't going to kill you; it was only a light glossy color, after all. Still, your heart raced as you stood from the passenger's seat and closed the car door behind you.

"Ooh, there's Yoshito! Let's go say hi, Hanamaru-chan!" Ruby squealed delightedly upon seeing her and Hanamaru's other best friend, Yoshito Tsushima, who was also on the baseball team.

"Ooh~! There's Kanon, Dia~!" Kanata wrapped an arm around her taller friend's with an impish grin. "Why don't you go say hi?"

Dia sighed heavily, her cheeks darkening conspicuously. "I...can't."

Kanata and you peered at her, confused, for a long moment. Dia returned your gazes with a conflicted look before crossing her arms. "Mario was the one who invited me to this game, so I can't greet Kanon when I'm here for somebody else. It's.." She paused and groaned, passing a hand over her face, "It's only fair because I ignored Mario the last game, because Kanon had invited me then."

The pair of you balked, before Kanata burst into hysterical laughter. "Oh lord have mercy! You might as well be two-timing the poor boys!"

"Neither of them are my boyfriend!" Dia hissed in defense.

"Yeah but hello? They both obviously have the hots for you, and you're leading them on like a pack of dogs chasing after meat!"

You blinked in disbelief. "I kinda agree with Kanata on this one. Don't you think it's fair to just choose one and get it over with?"