I'll Follow You Anywhere - Male!Dia x Childhood Friend!Reader (Request)

"You!" You pointed at the scared little boy sitting in the corner of the sandbox. The boy flashed his wide emerald eyes at you in shock at your bold pose. Black hair framed his face in a way that made him seem all the more tiny and intimidated by you. Nevertheless, you continued on with your proclamation. "I'm going to marry you!"

"Eh?" The poor boy balled his fists at his chest, visibly retracting. Naturally, you took this reaction as an invitation to step closer. "Pi—Pigyaaaah!"

Those words had been the first that you and Daiki Kurosawa exchanged. Curious words they were. Quite unusual even. But it was a fad to play 'wedding' at school for quite awhile; and well, Daiki just happened to be the closest boy to you on the day that you had decided to join in on the fun. Your choice of Daiki to be your 'groom' was wholly based on a whim.  He wasn't meant to be a permanent thing.  But something in you clicked as you chased the screaming boy across the sand. You felt that you'd found the love of your life.

Of course, your later experiences with Daiki wouldn't lead to him running away from you in terror at the school playground. But they all had a similar take. You weren't exactly...subtle when it came to your affections, after all.

"Daiki~!"

The boy visibly jumped at the call of his name. From either side of him, Mario and Kanon gave a snicker at their friend's obvious exasperation. Creekily, the boy turned around, adjusting his elementary uniform shirt with a nervous expression. "Ah, yes, Y/N-san?"

You internally screeched in glee. He was so cute when he tried to be all cool and collected! Of course, the normally shy Daiki was cute too; but seeing him act proper at only ten years old made him look so handsome!

"Dia!" You stopped in front of the boy with a grin. "Can I walk to the bus stop with you?"

"Di...Did you just call me Dia?" Daiki flushed at the familiar way that you said his name.

You tilted your head, smile still in place. "I mean, Mario-kun and Kanon-kun call you that all the time. Why can't I?" Daiki opened his mouth to respond, but nothing seemed to come out.

Mario snickered further into his hand and elbowed Daiki. "Yeah, Dia, why can't she call you that too?"

"It's only appropriate for her to do that as your girlfriend," Kanon added with a sly grin on his little face.

"Sh—She is not my girlfriend!"

"Don't be silly, guys, I'm not his girlfriend," you stepped forward and grabbed his tiny hand into your own, "I'm his wife."

At that, Daiki jumped like a cat that had been splashed with a bucket of water. "Pi—PIGYAAAH!"

Okay, so yeah. Maybe he had run away from you again that time. And maybe also the time after that. But luckily, you were able to push through his friend group and make a spot there of your own. For quite obvious reasons, Mario and Kanon immensely enjoyed your presence, especially with the way you managed to catch them all off-guard with both your words and actions. Daiki, on the other hand, took awhile to accommodate to your constant company. Especially in middle school.

Daiki gave a heavy sigh as he sat writing his report for the student council. He turned to you after you had quite loudly called his name and taken a seat next to him. "I thought I told you to give it a rest with calling me Dia."

"But that's your name," you said a little too easily for Daiki's liking.

"No, it's not." Daiki went back to writing furiously. "It's a stupid nickname that you and those two idiots can't seem to throw away."